chapter three: oh dear.. (odair 😂)

You both stood there in silence, your eyes scanning the crowd before Effie draws the attention back to herself. Why was this happening to you, and to be sent in with the love of your life was pure torture. How in earth would you kill him?

Effie walks over to a bowl full of names that the citizens of twelve picked out themselves. You wonder who was in the bowl as Eddie speaks, "and for the girls...again" she adds with a sigh, "Katniss Everdeen!"

Frick. Now you're in for it. You look over to see Peeta on the verge of tears, has he been like that the whole time or was it just when Katniss was called that he started? How sick.

"Now on to the boys" Effies s made a loud hissing noise like all Capitol people's do, "Now where might be a.... Rye Mellark? Wait a split second...." The whole crowd went silent and looked to Peeta for his response. Rye was his brother, the only one who ever beat him in an arm wrestle.

Peetas tears were now flowing in a steady stream, he was going to have to watch the only people he ever loved die all right in front of him.

Effie coughed into the microphone before stating, "I bet my buttons you two boys are brothers...." Peeta only winced as Rye responded with yes.

*jump to train ride*

"Have any of you ever met him?" Peeta was the first of us to regain the ability to speak proper English. Katniss shook her head and soon after you and Rye end up giving the same answer.

At that very moment, Haymitch walks out, appearing to be mostly sober. What a surprise that was.

Haymitch starts barking at you, "So! What are your talents? Should I be excited or will you just bore me to death... If so, make it faster. And before any of you answer, where's the ice?"

You start mumbling. "You're gonna have to start speaking up sweetheart, my hearing ain't as good as it used to be" Haymitch responds. You speak louder, "I don't know".

Rye barges in on the conversation, "Now. When do we start?" Katniss rolls her eyes as Haymitch raises one eyebrow. " s but eager aren't we. Let's see, " you all sit in silence, every one no doubt contemplating on whether or not it would be so bad to die in the arena before he finally makes up his mind, "stay alive."

Suddenly, you hear a loud crack and Effie screaming, "THAT. IS. MAHOGANY!" You can't help but let a small squeak escape your throat. Looking down, you see that a knife has been stabbed into the solid wood table, and the blade has landed right between Haymitch's fire and middle fingers.

He looks up so that his eyes meet Katniss's. "Looks like we have a team of fighters this year" you hear him laughing at his own remark. Maybe he wasn't as sober as you thought....

Katniss's faint hearted smile turns to a solemn scowl, "funny. Only not to us" it's this remark that sends your new mentor into a fit of rage, causing him to throw up all over himself and the floor. Great. Now you had a smiley and smelly middle aged man to clean up.

Rye and Katniss volunteer to bathe him before either you or Peeta have a chance to say a word. You let this slide, when else were you going overtime alone with Peeta?

You and Peeta move over to the couch, making only respectful small talk. Your the first to ask a real question, "so, what an interesting turn of events. You and I meeting here... What do you think about going into the Games with both your brother and lover?" Making sure to roll your eyes at the last one.

" I......don't know...... Can we just not talk about it? " oh well. There goes your chance at getting an answer on whether or not he really does like Katniss or you. "Ok" is the only thing you manage to grumble out before your eyelids start to droop.

Within a few moments, your eyes fully shut and and you feel a pair of strong arms carefully slipping beneath your legs and under your arms. Peeta has brought you into your room and Is about to leave before you whisper, "stay with me?" Afraid of his answer, you quickly close your eyes and roll over. In a couple seconds, you feel his strong figure slipping into bed beside you, " always"

"Stay with me" and "always" are not mine, as well as a few other quotes. They belong to Suzanne Collins. Thanks for reading and please comment on what you though! Goodbye for now! ;)