chapter four: first interview

The interview portion of the game could come have been dragged on any longer. It took over an hour and fifteen minutes for them to even call your name. And when they did, you were only asked three questions before the time was up.

Caesar began the interview, "So, (Y/N), I hear that your fellow district twelve tributes all know each other and mean quite a decent bit to each other."

You gulp as the audience goes in and out of focus, "yes" you manage, rather hesitantly.

I started this a while ago, and have decided to try switching "you" to "I". Tell me which you prefer!

Forcing the years out of my eyes, I continue to talk, "I grew up with both Peeta and Rye, they mean the world to me..." A quiet and collected " owhhh " comes from the crowd.

"And katniss? Did you know her?"

" we never officially met until the reaping, but you'd be surprised at how much I know about that girl. Or even at how much Peeta and Rye know about her"

I let out a sigh of relief as the audience chuckled at my remark. As soon as I realized that there were more questions, I returned my attention to Caesar, the butterflies in my stomach starting to fade.

"So," he began, " it's come to my attention that this was the last year you had a chance to be reaped.... Yes or no? " the way he said it was enough to grab the attention from even the young kids. I found it so intriguing that I just sat there waiting for an answer, then I realized that I was the one that has to give it.

"Yes. My eighteenth birthday is on June 12,  as you all know, "i added looking out into the crowd, "is two weeks after the reaping." As expected disappointment and disapproval came. Man these people were easy to make emotional.

"Last question" i looked directly into his eyes as he spoke, "if you were to tell someone one thing right now, what would you say" the end of his sentence twisted up like most people from the Capitol. The very sound of the accent drive me insane.

"Well, that's an interesting question Caesar. I guess...." Think (Y/N)... What would you say? Suddenly it all clicked into place, "to a special someone, I want you to know that no matter what goes on in these games, what happens to me," with a heavy sigh i continued, " I will always love you. So much more than you could ever know. It was always, undeniably, you. Nothing could ever change my mind. "

And with that, the audience was moved to tears. Caesar looked at me and asked his last and final question, "And who might the lucky receiver of such a lovely message be?"

If it was predetermined that this would be my answer, the buzzer went off and I said my goodbyes to the crowd.

"Cinna!" I shouted as I made it backstage, " did I do well?? " he swung me up in his arms and said, "You were spectacular"

I could hear Caesar Flickerman calling Katniss out, just like he had me. I went over to the corner of the stage where no one could see me to watch.

These next few chapters are going to be shorter, and from the point of view of who is being interviewed. There is currently a foot of snow outside and that kind of has me sidetracked. I was originally going to write all this out, but I feel bad for not updating so this is my way of making it up to you guys. Goodbye for now!