chapter eleven: a parachute

*this is written from Katniss's point of view

"Peeta" I whispered, "Peeta are you awake?" After no response, I shifted my weight over to the other side of the sleeping bag and saw he was gone. I didn't know whether to be sad or overjoyed.

Peeta, he was sweet and all, but he just wasn't right for me. I needed someone who has spunk. Someone with a temper that was seeking enough to counter mine. Peeta was more like a dandelion in the spring. He was hope and I needed hatred.

With my bow and arrow in hand, I set out to find my last prey. The last one standing between me and Prim. The quiver of arrows bounced along the back of my uniform as I silently made my way away from the river and into the woods.

I only stopped when I heard something in the trees above. A silver parachute. Great! Maybe Haymitch has sent me something like a tracker that follows (y

) around the arena and tells me where she is at all times... The possibilities are endless. Clicking the canister opened, a not fell out that said "stay with the boy. Don't let anyone see what's inside - H.A."

Interested, I proceeded in opening the canister. It was a white rose. Snow planned to kill Peeta, but why? Has he done something wrong? I was the one who hunted illegally. Then I realized, Snow planned on killing me because I had some something. And that something was horrible.

I spun the container around and something else slipped out. A piece of coal. I had sparked something..... Words flashed into my head that my father had told me years before he died in the mining incident, "a spark left unattended will always spread into great wild fires".

I was a spark. A spark to something, a revolution? Maybe Peeta was my ticket out alive. The Capitol adores him, Snow couldn't hurt me without hurting him and if they hurt him, people among the district's would be mad, there would be riots in the damn Capitol.

I whispered up to the sky, "Fine Haymitch. You want love? then I'll deliver", I had to find him so that Prim would be kept safe. My mindset went from finding (y

) to finding Peeta for love. The Capitol likes things weird.

Finally, my feet had taken me to the place where I would find Peeta and (y

). It was a small clearing in a patch of forest. The clearing was filled with flowers, primrose. The beautiful dots of color filled my heart with love, and longing for the only person I knew that I truly loved. Peetas face came into view and I Suddenly was overcome with the same feeling, except it was for him. The last kiss in the cave, had left me wanting more, but I had had to go and find the medicine for Peeta.

Sorry it was so short