The Photo

Context: Stiles is Helping Lydia pick out a photo to post on insta *cringe*

"I like that one too," Lydia pointed to the phone in Stiles' hand causing him to stop on the picture she chose. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon and the two were cuddled under a mountain of blankets on Stiles' bed, the cold winter air giving them an excuse to stay close. She rested her head on his shoulder.
"Okay, then we'll pick that one." He said.
"No, no!! It's cute but I need to post a picture that completes the color scheme of my Instagram." Lydia explained and he laughed at how complicated she was making the situation. He scrolled through a few more pictures in his camera roll.

"What about this one?" He presented the phone to her again, a smirk on his lips.
"STILES STILINSKI!" The girl shrieked and snatched his device, desperate to delete the slightly raunchy photo. She leapt up from his side at her embarrassment, sitting upright now with red cheeks. Following her movements, he sat up as well while she continued to tap away at his device. She paid no attention to the way his lips brushed her neck.
"Remember when I took that?" He mumbled into her skin.
"Stiles, that was more than embarrassing." She locked his phone and set it in his lap, not entirely amused by the situation.
He removed himself from her neck in order to read her expression. "Why? It's just me."
"Yeah but. . ."
"Hey," He turned more serious, looked her in the eyes. "Are you doing that self conscious thing again?" He asked softly. Automatically she tried not to look him in the eyes, because he already knew the answer to that. He called her name to grab her attention.

He held her at arms length, hands on her shoulders and he smiled.
"Don't do that." Lydia mumbled.
"Do what?"
"Look at me like I'm something special." As soon as the words left her mouth, she knew Stiles would give her a look. Sure enough, he pursed his lips, arched a brow, and cocked his head. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it again. She watched as he did it again, feeling quite awful in this moment.
But then he moved closer to her and buried his face in her neck again. "You are the very definition of beautiful."

The way he said it made her heart skip. She leaned into him a little more. "Thank you."