Say it first

Context: based on the song Say It First by Darwin Deez

Cause I love to speak sweetly to you
And tell you how it feels to be completely for you

"Say it first," Stiles grinned down at Lydia, who held a small blush at her cheeks and avoided his eyes. He pushed her chin up gently with his finger so she would look at him. "Don't just say it back to me."
She rolls her eyes playfully, closes her locker door and turns on her heel to walk down the hall. He follows closely, still teasing her, "act as if you're actually attracted to me." He pokes her side and she laughs quietly at the notion. Walking her the rest of the way to class, Stiles keeps tormenting her about the L word, something he had let slip several times but never heard from her first. He wanted her to say it before he did, at least once but she would always argue that she liked to hear him say it before her. And she didn't break so easily either. "Say it first, baby girl, say it first." He tried one last time as they stood outside of her first period class. She smiled, stood on her toes to kiss him on the cheek, and slipped into math.

Oh every time the sun sets
The clouds turn purple by the waterfront
I want to be closer to you

At lunch, Stiles leaned into her side and suggested they go to the beach after school. She found the notion a little ridiculous and argued that she had loads of homework. Why was he offering the trip anyway?
"What's a boy in love supposed to be doing now?" He whispered in her ear and a chill coursed through her bones.