No Title

She held her breath because it didn't look real. The feeling didn't sit right in her chest and when Scott had told her to come over calmly, she knew something was off. Maybe she gasped when she walked in to Derek's loft but if she did, she couldn't remember. Because now, everything she did was nothing compared to the focus she had on the limp and beaten body that created a bloody pool on Derek's floor. Isaac screamed that someone should call Melissa but Kira shut him down. Derek was running around with bandages and first aid kits under his arm, Allison by his side. They searched his cabinets and went through pill bottles and discarded ones with nasty side effects and googled others that seemed fitting for the situation. Malia was frantically trying to clean up the blood. And Scott was arguing with Stiles. Stiles, who lay on the floor with his insides nearly falling out, still managed enough energy to argue with his best friend about the situation.

No one had heard Lydia come in or if they had, they were too busy to care. Her feet were frozen at the door. She felt like running away. A shaking sigh left her. And no matter what, no matter how much she willed herself to move towards the boy, her heels never left the ground. He let out an agonizing scream causing busy heads to turn to him before resuming their tasks, only with more speed this time. His head fell back against the floor, where as previously he was trying to hold it up to see all that was happening.
"Lydia?" He called softly, afraid he might be dreaming when he saw her awestruck still blocking the entrance. She nodded, because words seemed too hard at the moment, and made her way towards the commotion, ignoring how Derek and Allison had stared, ignoring the fatal glare Malia gave, and ignoring the way Isaac and Kira had stopped arguing just for a second to see if Stiles' question was true.

She sat on her knees above him and lifted his head to rest in her lap. Lydia didn't dare look down at his torso, she didn't want to see how bad it was close up.
"We need to stitch it up." Scott said and immediately Stiles began to protest. His voice was weak and his sentences were only long enough to get the point across, no energy for sarcasm or wit. The pale boy looked up at her with an odd sort of hope in his eyes. She managed a weary smile. Everything felt fine for a second, but then Isaac accidentally tripped over one of Stiles' legs, causing his body to jolt and move uncomfortably. He let out an agonizing scream, tears filling his eyes but never falling.

Something snapped in Lydia and she quickly went to cooing him. "Stiles, ignore them, look at me," she caressed his face and urged him to open his eyes to meet her own, "look at me, focus on me." He was breathing too fast but she knew it wasn't a panic attack. Malia growled quietly under her breath but Kira was quick to act, pulling the coyote up onto her feet before ushering her into another room. Scott was readying a needle, questioning briefly if he was ready until Lydia told him to just hurry up and do it. Stiles screamed and twisted but Isaac held down one of his legs while Derek abandoned his medicine search to hold down the other.
"It hurts." Stiles whined like a child, almost making Lydia want to cry.
"I know." She whispered and continued to stroke his hair, "I'm sorry, I know it hurts." She lifted his head to rest in her lap, wiping away the screaming tears that left his eyes that soon turned silent as his body went numb from the shock. He sniffled, a little pathetic but Lydia didn't mind. She leaned forward until their foreheads had touched, repeatedly cooing "I know, I know" quietly into his ear. The pack suddenly felt as if they were intruding on a private moment.