First Date

Context: Lydia, Allison, and Stiles all work at a smoothie shop together and Stiles goes to a separate school so the girls always imagine him as this big popular guy and blah blah blah

Allison huffed and groaned and nagged on and on about her date from Friday night and Lydia wasn't being all too sympathetic. Long story short: the date had gone horribly. The two best friends met and still worked at a their favorite smoothie shop, hidden back in one of the more hipster parts of their little town of Beacon Hills. They always ranted to each other and though Lydia didn't necessarily want to hear it this time around, she listened because she was a good friend.

"I've never even been on a date, so don't complain." Lydia grumbled, leaning against the countertop while Allison took her turn at cleaning the blenders and such.
"You've never what?" Suddenly Stiles was behind the counter by them, smiling, carrying in a box of fruit. Stiles Stilinski, the third party to their small work trio. He was kind and handsome and both girls' hearts fluttered when he grinned. He had that kind of smile. There was no doubt in either of their minds that whatever school he attended, he was mr.popular. Their favorite pass time soon became watching him sweep the floors and daydream about his life.

"I bet he's been out with at least half the cheerleaders there...wherever 'there' is." The girls would gush, lazy eyes following his every move. Sometimes the occasional dreamy sigh left their lips because Stiles was something right out of their high school fantasies. He was the type of guy they imagined they would meet in high school (though sadly, coming up on their junior year, they'd met nothing of the kind).
"I bet he's the star jock, the captain of every team."
"I bet he's had sex." Allison would elbow Lydia playfully, knowing the strawberry-blonde was more fond of him. "At least a dozen times."
"Ew, diseases..."

"Oh god." Lydia blushed and covered her eyes with her hands. She couldn't look at his expression. She didn't want to. She was absolutely mortified that he had heard the truth and now what would he think of her? Would he look at her like a child? He set the fruit down next to Allison, continuing to tease Lydia. "You've never been on a what now?"
"Shut up." She groaned at how hot her cheeks felt because she hadn't known they could get that red until Stiles had come into the picture and she bet she looked like the ripest tomato on the whole plant. She wanted nothing more than to dig a hole to hide in.
He was laughing now. Laughing. "I'm sorry, what was that?"
"Shut up, I said shut up!"
"You, Lydia Darling, have never been on a date?"
"I'm mortally embarrassed." Her voice wavered. Oh god, I might pass out. I hope I do, anything to get rid of this memory.

"Okay, I'll take you." He began to help Allison clean up the counter a bit and though she had already caught on, Lydia still wasn't thinking right and let out a questionary: "Huh?"
"On a date. I'll take you on a date." He chuckled.

"I bet he's got abs, like, the best abs anyone's ever seen. Better than Channing Tatum's."
"Allison, you're drooling."
"Stop ruining the game, it's your 'bet'!"
"I bet he pays for all the meals and holds the car door open for a girl like a gentleman."
"I bet he moans loud."
"I bet he'd never go out with me."

Lydia was flabbergasted. But he was serious, not joking in the least and if she wasn't going to pass out soon, Allison might have to do it for her. Her lower jaw bobbed up and down and her mind drew completely blank. "What am I supposed to say to that?"
He shrugged as if it were the easiest thing in the world. "Say yes."

|||

"I bet he uses tongue a lot when he kisses, like, totally rough stuff."
"Allison, stop with all the sexual 'I bets', you're ruining the game."
"I'm making it better. Someone has to think all the dirty stuff and lord knows you aren't going to do it."

It's the only "I bet" Lydia could think of: his tongue. And as gross as that may seem, she didn't want him to kiss her with that sarcastic tongue of his, especially if it had been in some cheerleaders mouth. In fact, she didn't want him to kiss her at all.
"Hey." She jumped at the sound of his voice, causing the first laugh of the night to boom from his chest. Movie theaters, she thought, why are dates always at the movies. She could practically hear Allison explaining how the dark atmosphere was perfect for casual make outs. "I already bought the tickets so we can head inside and grab popcorn or candy or whatever you want really." He smiled.
"You didn't have to do that, I have money to pay."
"No, no! I told you was taking you on a date so I want to give you the full experience."

She tried to relax a little when he held the door open for her like a gentleman (like she hoped he would), and he payed for her soda and candy as well.
"Oh and sorry for making you wait outside by yourself but I had a feeling lacrosse practice was going to run late." He chose the seats near the front most aisle so they could put their feet up on the hand rails. Lacrosse practice, she felt giddy.
"I didn't know you were on a lacrosse team?"
Stiles laughed. "Well I don't talk about it much cause I don't really play. I'm terrible, absolutely horrific but my best friend plays and he forced me to tryout too. Sometimes being captain gets to his head, though."
Huh, maybe their 'I bets' were all entirely wrong then. She mentally cycled through some of her favorites, asking him about them all.

I bet he goes to Europe on the weekends.

"Ever been out of The States?"
"Never even left California."

I bet his parents are chill and let him throw huge parties.

"What do your parents do for a living?"
"Dad's the sheriff and Mom, uh.... well..."
"Oh. Sorry."

...
"I've never even been on a date, Stiles. I've never even made out with anyone."
"You've never been kissed?"
"Not what I said. I've been kissed but it never goes into the make-out stage of kissing. It's always once or twice but no more." ". . .did. . . Did you plan on kissing me?"
"Did you want me to?"
"I dunno."
"Yes you do, you're just too afraid to say." He poked her shoulder, trying to ease the tension she felt. "Say it, I'm not scared."
"I just know that some people are like totally against the whole 'kiss on the first date' thing but maybe it just depends on the chemistry or whatever. Then again I have no clue what I'm doing so, like, what do you think?" She rambled.