Mr.Popular

Context: Mr.Popular has a crush on Lil Lydia

"I heard Stiles talking about you in math today."
Lydia's breath hitches and she let out a tiny gasp, closing her locker, looking around the halls as if he could pop up and moment. She tucked loose strands of strawberry blonde hair behind her ears before responding. "What was he saying?"
Kira seemed giddy that her friend was interested, perking up at the question. "Long story short him and a few guys were talking about middle school stuff and one of them teased Stiles about how he used to have a crush on you!"

"Remember Lydia Martin?" Isaac bit on his tongue to try and keep a straight face as Stiles went red.
"Shut up!" Stiles pushed the boy and he laughed causing a few of the other lacrosse guys to as well.
"You were so in love with her." Scott chimed in.

"Kira, KIRA!" Stiles ran to catch up with the girl, "uh, you heard us at the beginning of class, didn't you?"
"Maybe."
"You're friends with Lydia, right?"
"Maybe."
"Look, you–you can't tell her."
"Why not? It was a middle school crush, right?"
He paused and there was something about the look on his face that gave Kira the answer she needed. He seemed to soften. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right."
"But, on the off chance that you do still like her, attempting to make conversation while I'm around would be a good way to ease into it."

"Shh, uhm, pretend like we're talking about something important like–like, erh, the history test tomorrow!"
"Wait, there's a history test tomorrow?"
"Hey Kira," he sighed, as though some weight had been lifted from his chest, "so the lesson was totally brutal, right?"
"Yeah, yeah definitely."
Lyds: "do you have Mrs. Blake?"
St nods "she was completely out of it today." "Lydia, right?" She nods "well anyway, I came over to ask if you knew the homework."
Kira scoffed, "the only person on the planet who could even remotely decipher those equations is the red-head to my left."They exchange looks "maybe we could all go to an ice cream place after school? Lydia could tutor us?"
"I'm down, whaddya say, Lyds?"
"Yeah, duh, of course, anything to help."
Kira "And since Stiles and I have our last class together, I can just catch a ride with him since I know you're having that big talk with Mr.Hale after school."
Stiles laughs "what big talk with Mr.Hale?"
Kira "Lydia wrote this bomb ass essay and he totally docked her for it."
Lyd "I got an eighty-five for a ten page paper that was a minimum requirement of seven pages. If it was a normal essay, I would've taken the grade."

Lydia walks into the ice cream shop and it's just stiles. He grins "hey."
"Where's Kira? I thought she was gonna ride with you?"
"Well, she was. But on the way over here she received a mysterious phone call and I had to take her home."
"I hope she's okay, I'll shoot her a text real quick, just to make sure it's nothing too serious."
"Yeah, yeah no problem." "What's your favorite ice cream?"
"Rocky road. . . Wait, Stiles, eh, you don't have to–"
"I need to pay you for the math help somehow, let me buy your ice-cream."