Neighbors

Context: uh, Stiles and Lydia are neighbors... Why tf are all of my drafts like: "oh here's an idea...and then they make out...and then abandon the one shot all together"????

"What are you doing?"
Stiles bit his bottom lip upon answering his phone, Lydia's question immediately greeting him. He looked at the mess on his desk before spinning around in his rolling chair and rolling himself over to his window.
"Attempting to study. You?" He drew his shades up and got as close to the window as he could. Across the alleyway was Lydia's house, more specifically Lydia's window. Her curtains were pulled to the side and she was lying on her bed, notecards and highlighters scattered amongst textbooks lay out in front of her. Her phone, the one Stiles was currently on the other side of, had already managed to be lost underneath one of her notebooks. "Ah, studying too I see." He chuckled and she looked up, noticing him now. A smile creeped onto her face and she began to clean up, the crinkling of papers transferring through the speaker to him. He checked the time on his wall clock. 9:24, His father would be home in a few minutes. "Hey the cops are gonna show up any second now but I'll be over after he checks in on me."
Lydia stopped cleaning up and looked him dead in the eye. "Are you inviting yourself over to my house, Stilinski?"
He heard his fathers footsteps on the staircase and said a quick goodbye to Lydia before closing his blinds and rolling his chair back over to his desk.

A knock came from his door before it opened slowly and he tucked a pen behind his ear before flipping to random pages in his notebook.
"Hard at work?" Sheriff Stilinski observed, leaning in the door frame.
Stiles nodded. "Yeah, really focused. Algebra test tomorrow."
"Guess I won't interrupt you then. Don't stay up too late, okay?"
"Alright." Stiles mumbled, pretending to be concentrated. The door almost closed but just before it did, the sheriff said one more thing.
"And Stiles,"
"Yeah Dad?"
"get that damn ladder out of your room, you fixed your light almost a month ago." He pointed to where it peeked out from underneath his bed. Stiles looked at it too.
"Sorry, yeah uh... I'll do it later." He gestures to his homework and the Sheriff nodded. But he wouldn't put it away later. In fact, the only way that ladder would leave his room is if Mr.Stilinski took it out himself. The door closed with a satisfying 'click' and Stiles jumped out of his chair and ran to his window. He drew his shades up again as well as the window.
"Lydia?" He whisper-yelled.

"You always scare me when you do that." Lydia barely got out before crashing her lips to Stiles', her fingers already beginning to work at the buttons on his flannel. He grinned at how eager she was, as if he hadn't snuck over to her house nearly every night this week. Or the last week. Or the week before that. She sighed into their kiss, pushing the flannel down his shoulders before running her hands over his chest.
He pulled back. "Oh, uh I can't."
"What?"
"I have an algebra," she cut him off, kissing him but he broke it again, "I-I have a test tomorrow."
"Are you sure?"
"Sure I have a test tomorrow or sure that I don't want to have sex tonight?" He asked with humor in his voice. She chuckled a little and took a deep breath to try and get some air back into her lungs. "Can you help me?"
Lydia nodded and told him to carefully go get his schoolwork.