The Risk of Befriending a Demigod

4 years later

"Percy! Stop pulling me!" I protested as Percy pulling me.

Percy ignored my cry of protest and he kept pulling me to the nearby bench "I'm hungry" he said casually

I rolled my eyes as Percy pushed me down to the bench. Percy quickly sat beside me and opened his lunch bag. After I met Percy 4 years ago, we became best friends pretty quickly, which is weird. I mean, I screamed at his face and began to spout some gibberish talk about doomsday, monster and god. And the next day he followed me everywhere, he wouldn't quit until I gave up, and let him do whatever he wants. He always stuck with me, like a glue, or a moth to a flame. He never bothered to make friends with other kids, since they always stayed away from him, and Percy didn't even care if I'm his only friends for 4 years. 

He didn't even care when I said something really sarcastic to him, or when I insult him openly, or maybe he just used to it. He just smacked me or whined endlessly when my sarcastic remark or my insult is too much for him. Why did I do that? Well, let's just say sometimes my brain isn't able to filter everything that came out from my mouth, and it happened since I was a little kids in my life before this. We basically insult each other to show that we care about each other, other people often said that our friendship is strange, but for me this is normal and actually our bond are stronger than people knew.

We entered the same school and got expelled at the same time too. Mostly, it's Percy who got expelled but, because I didn't want to leave him alone and he didn't want to go to another school without me. When the book said his fatal flaw is loyalty, I didn't know that he will be this clingy. One thing that still bothered me a lot though.

Sometimes, I saw monster lurked behind us and scared the crap out of me, but Percy remained ignorant, he still didn't know the truth that, his father is a god, one of the big three. Well, he is the splitting image of Poseidon.

Me? I guess I'm a human with a bad case of ADHD and dyslexia, with a clear vision. And don't you dare call me a liar or I'm in denial! Believe me, being a normal human is a gift. You didn't want to turn around and saw a Drakon slithered behind you and hissing every now and then. Or had to see a gigantic dude with one eye, which till now kind of freak me out, followed you around like a stalker. If there's a god in this world then for god sake, please give me a normal life, I'm begging you! I can't even fight for my own life in my previous life!

"Reiner" Percy suddenly called me and his hand gripped my left arm.

I flinched at his iron like grip "What?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"There's something near the school bus" he said again.

I groaned internally when Percy said that, every time he said that, some trouble always come to us. Not just normal trouble, but big trouble that can ended up with Percy getting expelled and I always ended up followed him to new schools. Yay, that's fun! Sarcastic overload.

"Just your imagination" I said tried to sound as normal as possible.

It's hard to act normal when a black dog as big as a dump truck, sniffing around the bright yellow school bus, it's hard to miss that thing. It's like seeing your dark skin friend, wore a hot pink T shirt and bright yellow pants and twirled around while wearing it, in front of you.

"It's a dog" Percy said again.

I mentally cursed the god for this "A dog? Really? Are you sure it's not a cat?" I asked, innocently with a hint of sarcasm.

"Are you being sarcastic again?" he accused me.

I only stared at him, before Percy sighed tiredly.