The Big Question About Why Am I Here

I stared at the sun that began to appear slowly in the horizon, the sunlight shone brightly even though the summer is already over, the warm light energize me a bit. Maybe because Apollo is my father or I am some kind of a hybrid between a human and a plant, because I use the sun light as a source of energy, that or I'm a robot that used solar cell as an energy source.

Anyway, I'm missing all of these, after being cooped up in the infirmary for almost a week and half, I need some fresh air. The wound Luke gave me, it leave a scar, a long, white jagged line that ran from my upper stomach to my right side of my waist, and a couple of white thin line on upper my right arm. I was too careless, I'm too confident that I will able to match his skill, he did said he didn't want to kill me, but still, the feeling of your life force slowly escaping your body is scary as hell. Its the second time I felt that, the first being my first fight with the Minotaur, and that thing tried to drown me.

I couldn't trust the timeline or the event that the book again, in the book Luke will try to kill Percy, this time Luke didn't even put his interest in him. Heck, even Kronos already put his full attention to my existence, as if I'm the only one that will be the perfect vessel for him. I'm fully aware that Kronos thought, I able to predict the future and he wanted to use that ability to help him to kill the god and goddess of the Olympus. He didn't know that only happened because I saw it, more like, read it in my previous life. Like I previously said, I couldn't trust it anymore, blindly. The main story line still like the book itself, but I noticed small change that could effect the ending of the book.

What I fear is, the effect of my action. I couldn't predict that, that made me afraid of doing something drastic in this world. But, unfortunately I already did that, I should have stayed back instead of helping Aphrodite in her fetch quest, that way I wouldn't intervene with the quest nor got tangled in it. That way, Kronos wouldn't say that word or Hades made that claim out in the open, which only made everything complicated and made me even more confuse about my existance. Or maybe, maybe just flat out refused when Percy approached me to be his friend.

I closed my eyes for a moment, I need to calm down, I need to sort my thought. The morning breeze helped me to calm down, the air is so fresh and crisp. After a couple of deep breath, I opened my eyes and stared at the lake in front of me. Its almost time for my mom to come and pick me up, I glanced on the ground next to me, I already packed up my belonging. I didn't have much, considering I didn't bring anything than my clothes that I wear that day.

I heard Chiron approached me and stopped right next to me

"Is my mom here?" I asked him.

"Yes, she's here" Chiron said and he smiled at me.

I picked up my bag and face him fully "Listen, I guess we never talk properly after the incident. The one when Apollo and Hades claimed me. I understand why you doubt me that day, you just afraid, two demigod from big three just arrived at your camp and the fact the there's almost a war among the big three themselves. At that time you thought Hades wanted to have a revenge and I happened to be one of his kid, appeared in the middle of it. Its make sense to be cautious around me"

"Reiner, thank you" he said and patted my head gently "I wanted to apologize for that, I shouldn't judge you just because of you father. After all, the same thing already happened to me once. You couldn't chose your parent, and its my mistake to assume that without even trying to listen to your reason"

I understood when he said that, after all his own father is the one who manipulate Luke and wanted to kill all gods and goddess.

"I would do the same thing" I sighed and glanced at the camp "I couldn't blame you"

The camp almost empty, most of the camper already went back to their mortal parent, including Percy. His mom picked him up yesterday, and he promised to visit me today. I guess, we barely talked after he brought me to the infirmary that day.

"Reiner, please be careful" Chiron put his hand on my shoulder "Luke still out there and I have a feeling he's not giving up to get you"

I tightened my grip on my bag strap "I understand, I'll be careful"

"See you next summer, Reiner" he said and hugged me "I'm looking forward to spend more time with you next time"

I hugged him back "See you next summer, Chiron"

*****

The whole ride in the car is quiet, my mom didn't say anything. I leaned my head to the window and stared at the road in front of me. The traffic is already bad, but since when New York is empty. The city itself almost seemed like never fall alseep whether its in the crack of dawn or in the middle of the night.

"I heard that you meet Hades on your quest"

I turned my head and saw my mom looked at me, worried written accrossed her face.

"Yes" I answered honestly "I assumed Chiron or Percy told you that"

My mom began to tap the steering wheel rapidly, a sign that either she's uncomfortable or extremely worried.

"Why did he claimed me?" I asked her "Him and Apollo? Why they both claimed me?"

My mother took a deep breath "Reiner, its complicated"

"Apollo said he's my real father" I continued "Hades said, he's own my soul"

My mom flinched when I said the last words

"Mom, what happened?" I pushed her "Did I somehow died and Hades revived me?"

That thought crossed my mind, because in this world it is possible to be reborn as a new person. But, you couldn't remember anything about your past. But for me, I can remember perfectly about my past life, that's why I doubt this theory. Even if true, I somehow got revived again, why the memory still stuck with me, further more why am I even doing in Hades realm?

My mom refused to look at me and didn't answer my question.

"Are you also swearing on the river Styx not to talk about it?"

My mom knuckle when white on the steering wheel, she gripped the thing tightly.

"Is that why I also able to use Hades power? Because he's own my soul?"

"Reiner" she said quietly "I can't talk about it. I promise not to speak about this thing with you"

I shook my head in disbelief "Why? Is there a reason for that?"

"I can't lose you anymore" she whispered quietly.

Can I assume that she somehow lost me at one point? Or maybe she talked about the recent incident, when I almost died on Luke hand? Am I a replacement? Even if that's true, how the hell I ended up here and what happened to original Reiner? Too many question and not enough shovel to dig through it. I sighed and leaned back on the chair, should I dropped the issue? Or should I pursue it?

I had to left my previous life, I couldn't even say a proper goodbye to my family and Clara. I left everything behind, or force to left everything behind. I just need to know why? Why this happened to me? Am I have the right to be mad? I breathed slowly, as an attempt to calm my mind. But, the doubt still linger on the back of my mind.

I only could assumed that the answer of my existence is something very important that could decided the fate of the world itself. And I intended to find out why.