Chapter 6

Violetta's POV:

I retrieved my paperwork from the draw and continued without a hitch, if I let any common criminal intimidate me I'd have left the industry years ago. Candace wandered back into the room with a questioning glimmer in her eye.

"He did not look like a normal client." She leans against the doorframe, glancing out to presumably watch him leave.

"That's because he's not." She tilted her head slightly. "A client I mean."

"I didn't know you had personal visits to the office." She raised her eyebrows slightly. "I did not picture you for a gang banger." Her eyes widened as she realized what she said.

"One, I'm your boss I'd think twice before saying that to me again and Two, I'll let it slide because you obviously have no idea what that even means." The two of us laughed together before her face fell abruptly.

"Candace-" I started but was cut off by someone stalking back into my office.

"I knew you were a dealer." His voice held knowing, as if he was at an advantage.

"Sir you can't be in here-" Candace tries to stop him but I raise my hand lightly.

"It's fine Candance." I wave her off slightly, reverting my attention back to Rio. "I think we've been through this before." I deflect him, trying to slide the books back into the draw.

"Cut the bullshit, I heard your little errand girls talkin in the hall. Gotta say 'local crackhead' is one of my finest compliments." My heart thumped in my chest at his accusation.

"They have very active imaginations." I continued to slide the papers only for him to stride towards my desk placing his hand on the books and sliding it toward him. "Those are confidential documents hands off!" It was too late, his eyes had already scanned them, seeing our statistics for the month.

"Now it's time we really talk business sweetheart." He retreated to the chair and re-settled into it. My posture was rigid so I relaxed my shoulders, not willing to let him pick up any type of weakness.

"I don't think you have anything that could be of any use to me." My confidence slowly rising.

"Oh, I have a lot to offer... Boss." His smirk grew as I gave him an unimpressed glance. "My silence for one." I chuckled condescendingly.

"Your silence? Who are you going to tell hm? The sheriff? The detectives? Wouldn't that expose your little gang?" I was almost completely relaxed now, back in charge as usual.

"Your family for one." He fired back and I raised my eyebrows challengingly.

"There's no way your men are getting anywhere near my family, I've got them protected at every angle." I kept my chin up.

"Fine then, princess. How about we start this negotiation over?" He sits forward in his chair.

"Depends, what else is on offer? Cause so far all I see is a tiny drug ring desperately trying to take me turf." He clenched his jaw at the insult as he held my gaze.

"Drugs are too risky darlin, I'll leave that to you." He ignores my previous stab.

"And what exactly do you and your little group do?" I could tell that I was really getting on his nerves, his patience wearing thin. Quite frankly, having the upper hand over him made my heart rate rise.

"My little group, run the biggest counterfeit corporation on the west coast." He dares me to taunt it, so I oblige.

"That's adorable, truly." I slowly rise from my seat. "I mean the whole West Coast? Good for you!" I condescend, leaning against the front of my desk, arms crossed in front of me. He took that as an invitation to rise from his own seat.