Chapter 8

I watched as the truck took him through a seemingly abandoned garage a house away from the shopping center, the door opening just enough for them to slip through and enter the entrance of the hospital. I'd gotten it added when I built the mall, just in case any of my deals were to go south, seeming as obviously we couldn't go to a real hospital. It also worked as a great income gainer as well, considering the number of dirty deals happening there's never a shortage of wealthy people who can't afford to be seen at a real hospital. My doctors and nurses were top of the line, paid far more than they would be working for the government.

I was last to arrive at the hospital wing and wasted no time in rushing to the boy's room. I received nods from the doctors I'd employed as they fussed around the wounded patient.

"What condition is he in?" I ask as I see Pete in the corner of my eye, he'd been on top of everything in my short absence.

"Stable, the bullet didn't pierce any major arteries so they should be able to extract the bullet and stitch him up in no time." He updated me and I nodded slightly.

"Perfect, he should be picked up within the day so have him ready by then, if he tries anything don't hesitate to sedate him. I don't have the patience for runaways right now." I instruct, running a hand through my hair, realizing just how messy it was, only then glancing down to see my horrific attire. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to the top floor to get ready properly."

I'd had a room renovated specifically for me to get ready for meetings or to stay the night if I was working late so at least I wasn't stuck like this. Pete nodded, knowing not to bother me while I was this angry. I entered the elevator that had been disguised as a wall as to not draw attention to the bottom floors and what was operating on them. The last thing I needed was the FBI snooping around again.

The elevator arrived on the top floor, the only room that you could access the hospital through, and I was met with my inner circle of employees. I walked straight past majority of them only stopping to consult with Candace as I was walking past her desk.

"Candace?" She was standing in an instant with her hands gripping a binder.

"Yes, boss? Jeez, you look rough-" She comments.

"It's been a long morning," I grumble in response. "Be on the lookout for the man that was in here last month, you know the one with the neck tattoo?"

"Personal visit guy?" She wiggled her eyebrows but my dead-panned stare was enough to stop her immediately.

"He should be coming in the next few hours to pick up one of his members from our hospital wing, if he shows up call me immediately and under no circumstances is he to find the hospital am I understood?" She nods and I thank her quickly before retreating to the room.

I take a quick shower and brush my teeth, putting on some proper business clothes and do my hair and make-up, once I'm finished I call Beth to let her know that everything's handled and she doesn't have to worry.

Making my way back down to the hospital wing I caught the end of the boy's escape attempt, he couldn't even make it to the end of the room without the doctor sedating him. I took this as my opportunity to send a picture of the man to Rio.

Time's ticking, come and get him

I waited for a response, watching the three dots move over and over.

You seem to be takin great care of him darlin, what's the harm in stayin a little longer ;)

Also, I have business to attend to so you're just gonna have to sit tight sweetheart