Chapter 29

The next morning had given us a comfortable silence, my voice was hoarse from screaming the night before and I looked like a complete wreck. Despite my messy hair and make-up smudged face Rio planted a kiss on my forehead and slapped my ass. I let out a surprised shriek and playfully slapped him back on the shoulder, pulling him into a deep kiss.

"You're ridiculous." I laugh. "I'm making breakfast what do you want?" I was still in my clothes from yesterday but my first priority was definitely getting some food into my system.

"Nah sweetheart you're all sad and shit let me make somethin'." He retorts, walking past me to enter the kitchen, making me sit on one of the counter stools.

"So you cook aswell? It seems like you're really the whole package." I joked with a grin. He made his way around the kitchen an managed to find all that he needed.

"I've always been the whole package darlin." He winks. He begins to mix a variety of ingredients in a bowl an I'm left to wonder what on earth he's actually concocting in my kitchen. "Now I think you have some shit to talk about yeah?" I gave him a confused stare until he elaborated. "Last night you were supposed to talk about what happened to you an Dean as kids."

"Oh I was just being dramatic, it wasn't a big deal it was just rough, like all childhoods you know?" I get up to grab a glass of water but Rio beats me to it and sits me back down on the stool.

"Nah sweetheart, you don't get to brush that shit off like it's nothin, if we're gonna be a couple and stuff we gotta tell each other this kind of shit." He places the bowl on the counter, leaning over to place my hair behind my ear. "Besides, you ain't scared of nothin. Don't bitch it." I couldn't help the laugh escape from my lips as he lightens the mood.

"It's super depressing though." I argue but the look on his face as he returns to preparing breakfast tells me that there's no room for argument. "This is actually a bit of a two for one deal. Not only do you get my super depressing life story but you also get the origin of my drug dealing expertise. How lucky are you?" I chuckle.

"Stop stalling babe." Rio retorts and I roll my eyes with a scoff.

"Fine. It's no big deal but unfortunately both of Dean and I's parents lost their lives to cancer." I begin, my tone deepening and the atmosphere grows silent.

"Oh Letta I'm sorry-"

"It's ok, it happened a long time ago." I give him a sad smile as I continue. "My father had left me the drug ring when he passed away, I was 17."

"You weren't even an adult yet." Rio states, confused.

"I was as close to it as I could be, I'd found out about what he'd been doing at 14 and he'd been showing me the ropes since he was formally diagnosed when I was 15. That was actually when I met Peter." My mind flashed to the scruffy teenage boy who had shown me the ropes of my legacy.

~~~

"Little young to be a new recruit don't you think boss?" I came face to face with an awkward looking 19 year old, his skinny body draped in a large hoodie and baggy jeans. My father cleared his throat and gently pushed me further toward the boy, his hand firmly on the small of my back.

"Peter this is Violetta, my daughter." The boy's eyes practically bulged from their sockets.

"Oh, shit oh my god I'm so sorry sir." He fumbles his words as he wipes his sweaty palms on his distressed denim. "I'm Peter, it's great to meet you Violetta." We shook hands, his clammy and mine shaking slightly with nerves.

"It's great to meet you too Peter." I smiled, my eyes flickering from his to my father, seeking some type of reassurance.

"I'll be introducing Violetta to the basis of the operation. She'll need to learn everything from the deals to the suppliers, I'll be teaching her administrative tasks in the coming months but I'll be needing you to show her the field work." His voice was thick with authority, his tone unwavering.