Chapter 31

We'd swapped the sports car for a long limo, much to the excitement of the kids. I'd sent for a second driver to pick up the mothers in an hour, giving them enough time to dress up for the club. They all said their goodbyes and we left with the children. We'd arrived at my shopping center, Rio and I gave them free reign over the snack bar and we got them to pick a movie. The Boland children had suggested the cartoon film Rio, much to my Rio's dismay. We were escorted to the same cinema that Rio and I had shared as they set up both Rio 1 and 2. The kids all sat in the row in front of us, their excited chatter filling the otherwise silent theatre. Each thanked Rio and I immensely as they clutched their popcorn and candy.

The movie began and Rio pulled me in closer to him, kissing my temple and resting my head on his shoulder. As the blue bird came onto the screen the kids and I both pointed at Rio, giggling and comparing him to the animated creature. Rio put on a grumpy face but I saw the smile quirk his lips.

As both movies drew to a close and the lights went back up the kids were eager to continue the party so we started our journey back home, making sure to stop by Sadie's and Sarah's to grab some clothes for the night. We got home ad they all gazed around in awe, none of them having properly seen my house before. They greeted Hiccup and he basked in their attention as Rio and I set up all the mattresses in the living room. The kids all joined in to make a giant fort, laughing the entire time.

"What do you say to pizza?" I ask and I'm met with a bunch of excited cheers. We all work out what we wanted and I placed the order.

As we waited we found some board games, Rio and the kids began to set up the board for another round when I got a phonecall. The number on the screen caught my attention, Rio shoots me a concerned glance but I just respond with a reassuring smile. "I'll be back in a second guys, go easy on Rio okay? He's still learning." I taunt and they all giggle.
"What the fuck do you want." I spit through the phone as soon as I'm out of earshot.

"I'm not trying to start anything-" Peter's voice rings through the phone.

"Then what exactly were you trying to do?" I question, tapping my fingernails aggressively on the kitchen bench.

"I'm calling to warn you." He states and I let out an audible chuckle.

"Against what Peter? Against you?"

"I can't stop them. I thought I could but its gone far beyond my control. The others are relentless, I tried to call for a temporary truce but they are out for blood. I'm so sorry." He apologizes.

"You're sorry?" I scoff. "You started this and all you can say is 'I'm sorry'? Tell them to hit me with everything they've got because I'm ready. We've got things planned that you haven't even dreamed of, good luck Peter, you're going to need it." I threaten, ending the call.

"Letta we don't have the kind of things you're talking about." Rio exclaims from behind me, scaring the life out of me.

"We didn't have the resources for the slow, tedious attack they were doing." I begin. "But they are planning to go into an all out brawl. And that's exactly what we have the resources for." Before we could continue the incriminating conversation the doorbell rang, announcing the arrival of the pizza. The kids rushed to the door and we joined them as they reached the handle, however through the stained glass windows I could see multiple figures behind the door instead of the usual one.

"Sadie get away from the door." Rio exclaims before I get the chance. Sadie responds to his authoritative tone as does the other kids, all stepping back from the door. "Now go upstairs into aunty Vi's room and play with Hiccup, Vi and I will pay the pizza guy." They all stand dumbfounded for a second. "Now!" He raises his voice and they scamper up the stairs in haste.