chapter 5

I shook that thought off. I was alive and I knew it. I watched them as they both walked away down the corridor. I realised there was nothing I could do but I had to stick close. I ran after them into the ballroom.

I soon caught up with them and I followed them round the room. "Hey, count and countess of the great Mount oickz," a deep bass voice greeted them with so much familiarity. I traced the voice to a tall well built man. His smile was friendly as he pulled Raymond for a hug then kissed Elizabeth behind her palm like a really good gentleman.

"Uncle, why did you have to stress yourself to come over?," Raymond complained although his smile and voice betrayed him he sounded really excited. "But I am really glad you came. I wanted to tell you a good news that my wife, Elizabeth . . ." he proudly gestured my beautiful look alike.

WIFE? who was his wife? Elizabeth. I shook my head fiercely slowly reasoning it over. I had a past life and that also meant that Raymond was my husband.

I was not satisfied with my conclusion at all. I wanted to find out if Raymond knew about his past life. Part of me was certain since he called me Elizabeth but there was so much need for me to meet him and have a really good talk with. I had to go I felt a strong sense of urgency.

I was pulled out of the dream and opened my eyes to see my friend staring at me. I robbed my eyes and made effort to sit down but my head drummed hard, I was forced to remain on my bed.

As soon as I recovered, I got up and glanced at Winnie. She slaked down on my rocking chair in exhaustion. She was tired and worn out. I knew she must have been worried.

I forced out a lazy smile. "I am ok," I assured but unable to persuade her. I pressed my hand on my forehead staring around for a while.

"You scared the hell out of me. I almost called your mom, you know she would have blamed me," she scolded unable to express her anger well but I knew just how angry she was.

"Am sorry, but it is not my fault. I passed out and I'm not okay right now," I replied warily. "I think you should be going back home, I need to rest."

She got up with guilt as she walked towards me. "Are you sure you are okay? Do you need to see a doctor?" She asked placing a soothing hand on shoulder. I shouldn't have reacted in that manner, I'm sorry."

I took so much effort not to shrug. I stared ahead towards the door of my room. "Go home. I will see you tomorrow," I replied coldly. I needed some privacy. I have always dreamt of this guy but I have never had any like this. I tried to stay calm and not look crazy.

Without offence she picked her things and left without saying goodbye. She was my friend, we fight a lot but there was no way we could ever get separated. I knew she was hurt but I had other things on my mind. We were definitely going to school together tomorrow with a broad smile on her face.

My heart drummed harder at the thought of going to find Raymond. I was going to sneak out of the house and find my way to Raymond's home. I was going to be his friend and find out the secret I am yet to discover from my past life.

I grabbed the key to my car and walked out of my room on my toes. Before going downstairs, I looked around for my mother, she was no where in sight perhaps behind the house with her flowers or in her study with a book.

I succeeded in getting into my car and driving off. I drove towards the woods with no atom of fear only this feeling of excitement. It felt like I have been to his house so many times that I could keep moving on the right way, no mistake, no fear, no thought of getting lost.

Thanks.💝

Lots of love. Thanks for reading.😍💖💖💖💋💋💋💓💓💓