chapter 6

Dre's POV
I sniffed, that scent was familiar. I sat upright on my bed very alert and stared around with my eyes closed, something I do when looking beyond the normal eyes can see. I saw her, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen driving towards my mansion. The woman I was willing to die for.

After many years she had turned to a dream but she was back in reality. I was unsure of myself. Was I happy she was here? I have been warned to avoid her. The past was going to repeat itself all over again if I get too close. It was our fate, I knew that anywhere Elizabeth was, I would never be able to get away from her.

She was in my life but went to live in my dreams but right now, she was back in my life looking just as beautiful as she have always been. That look of I-am there-for-you is still there in those glassy blue eyes.

I hit my fist on my soft bed in frustration and ran my hand through my black long hair. My family wanted me to forget her, hate her and stay away from her. They wished I will have the heart to revenge for them, myself and my son. I was weak, I knew it. I was strong for every other thing except fighting the feelings I had for Elizabeth.

She also knew just who I was and wants to break my heart once again or perhaps apologise for old times sake. I shook my head furiously, Elizabeth was dead I watched her die although I wanted to save her badly.

I got up and looked at my reflection on the mirror. I was very good looking. I deserved every girl I wanted but I have never wanted any girl as much as I wanted Elizabeth. I quickly wore a T-shirt and jeans.

I wanted to see her again for many reasons. I was going to get close to her to proof to myself that we no longer belonged together and get the revenge my family wants. I was going to fulfill the promise I made to myself the day I was betrayed by my wife.

My family and I were yet to find out the reason why Elizabeth was here after being burnt to death before our eyes.

My son obstructed my way as I took the steps downstairs. "I know she is close by. Don't go," my son warned.

"I am going to revenge for us," I replied hastily. "I'm going to kill her. Don't you want that? Don't you want me to punish her for betraying me and abandoning you when you were a baby?" I ignored the look of uncertainty in his eyes and pushed past him.

"I know that is not what will happen." I paused. "You will lose yourself and get us where we have avoided for long. The prophecy will be fulfilled. You know it will be. Lots of things will happen we don't know who will die. I will help you get rid of her," my son, Dan said darkly filled with hatred.

My mind flashed back to the prophecy. Elizabeth was my wife, I loved her so much that I made a grave mistake that made her give herself up to those who wanted us dead. She exposed us all for the sake of my son who she wanted to live a normal life. She was tagged a traitor by my family. I succeeded in escaping with my family and returned sixteen years later for my son.

A prophecy was made by the woman who took care of my son that Elizabeth was going to return to punish me for distroying her son's life and her presence alone will be a distruction to our entire race.

I have feared that that day was coming soon although I openly dimissed it as a statement made by an old widow whose only companion was my son.

"I will not get too close for the prophecy to be fulfilled," I assured. "I will kill her before the prophecy get fulfilled."

My son took a deep breath I knew he was skeptical. "Uncle Smith have gone to take care of her, he won't be needing your help."

I gasped. I knew what my uncle could do to Elizabeth. He had sworn to have her head when his wife was arrested after Elizabeth exposed our greatest secret. I ran out of the mansion following her scent.

I was confused, my uncle could end up persuading me to kill her and I could persuade him to let her live. Anything could happen to that beautiful body. The scent of her blood got tempting as I got closer I could repeat the mistake I made centuries ago.

Thanks for reading.
Please comment, tell me my mistakes. I don't mind.
Lots of love.💖
😍😍😍😍💓💓💓💓💋💋💋