chapter 14

I was thinking of a way of escape when my cellphone vibrated. Without looking at the caller's ID, I could tell who it was. My dad never calls when he thinks I should be reading. I picked the call it had to be Winnie.

And I knew just what she wanted. "Hey, I'm about to leave," I said hastily not caring to exchange any pleasantries. "I will call you when I get there?" I informed her to keep her from worrying.

"Mmm," she said softly, I bet she was nodding. "No," she snapped in horror sharply scaring me just before I could hang up. "You are not going to call me. Text . . . Texting is better right?" She asked alittle unsure.

"Hey, I will text you. I will when I get there," I assured her slacking down on my bed. I hung up without another word. I was confused myself, I never visited a friend, what was I going to tell my mother? I won't be able to sneak out, she was trimming the flowers in front.

I took a deep assuring breathe that gave me confidence. Alfred had the courage to leave school for me, I will have they courage to visit him although it was not necessary. I could thank him when his suspension is over but for Winnie, I wanted to go or perhaps due to the curiosity at the thought of visiting a guy alone.

I sat down on my bed still contemplating, I felt both positive and negative about it. I did not want anyone to think we were dating. I got up, a short twenty minutes visit won't make us suspicious. I was almost ready to go before I recalled, my mother was going in front of my house close to my car.

I picked my pink leather jacket from the hanger and headed outside. I made a small effort to tie it around my waist as I took the steps downstairs. I met my mother cleaning her hand on a towel at the door way, it was obvious she was done with her precious garden.

She raised her head to see me and offered her beautiful gentle smile, the smile I loved my beautiful mother for. She was very beautiful but lost in a quiet world she created for herself. Her flowers and her beautiful daughter was the only colour in it, her husband was hardly at home.

Her smile slowly faded, it was obvious she had noticed my jacket around my waist, that meant I was going out. Her forehead wrinkled, her eyebrows moved sternly, lots of things going on her mind.

"I need to see a schoolmate, I'll be back soon," I briefly narrated unwilling to go into details or to avoid lies. Uncertain of what to say, I paused to read every detail on her face. She was expressionless, impermeable for me to go through.

She looked away and nodded with that same blank look. "Get back before sunsets," she ordered calmly and pushed past me.

Feeling awkward, I turned to watch her slender body frame sashay up the steps. That would not happen on a normal day, I brushed it preventing it from having a space on my mind.

I hurried out to obstruct any sudden change of her mind. As soon as the key fitted into it's hole, I felt my heart skip a beat. That was not meant to be a problem, me going to pay a new friend a visit but that friend was a boy. I had no friend but Winnie.

I contemplated, I could still go back into my house and tell Winnie plainly that I could not help her form a bond with that guy but my curiosity kept me stucked to that chair. I started the engine having it hum in response, I pulled out of the car park into the driveway.

On my way back from school, Winnie had showed me Alfred's house. It was a thirty minutes walk from my house, very close to my school. It was a duplex like my house, beautiful with a more modern design than mine. I packed and got down from my car.

I rang the doorbell and it was soon opened by a beautiful blonde about three years older than me. She had Alfred's ocean blue eyes and his bright jovial smile, it was certain that she was his elder sister or member of his family.

I returned her smile. "Good day, I came to see Alfred," I drawled hoping I didn't sound or look stupid.

"My brother went to the field with his friends," she informed to my disappointment and also to my relief. "But you could go and meet him it's just over there," she directed pointing towards a soccer field with a group of boys playing soccer.

I started to shake my head in disagreement, the last thing I wanted was more eyes to see me in Alfred's neighborhood.

"Ok, bye," she bid me farewell her smile broadening and she shut the door at my face without malice, she most have been busy.

That was confusing, I could not think properly. Was that supposed to mean I should be on my way home? Or check him out on the field? I took two careful step backwards before turning to go back to my car.

"Tracy!" someone called my name from the direction of the field. I could just ignore that call and get away mindful of someone else seeing me. It was a busy neighborhood and I bet a couple of my schoolmates must have seen me.

What was I going to do? Was I really going to turn or simply open my car and drive off?

💝💚💛🧡💜💙❤️💚💛🧡💜💝
Thanks for reading.
I love you so much.
Thanks for reading once again.
💖❤️💚💛🧡💜💙💚💛🧡💜💖