Chapter 20: A Promise Between Men! Luffy and The Whale Vow To Meet Again!

Recap:

"Shishishi! You can look now Y/n! We're just going down." You slowly open your eyes and sigh with relief. "Thank goodness..." you mutter. Luffy grins, holding you close to him. "This is it! We're finally here! The greatest sea in the world; the Grand Line! The One Piece is up ahead, somewhere!"

The ship continues down the mountain, picking up speed. Sanji was standing on the mast, trying to see ahead through all of the clouds and rushing water. You had finally let go of Luffy, who was now sitting in his special seat, the Merry's head. Nami and Zoro were by the front railing, with Mist trailing with the ship.

There was suddenly a deep bellowing sound. Zoro's eyes widen slightly. "Did you hear that just now?" Nami shrugs it off, "Isn't it just the wind? There must be a lot of unusual landforms!" You look further up ahead, and there is a strange large shadow. "Nami-swan! I see a mountain!" Sanji says, pointing at the large "mountain".

"What?! How?!" She looks ahead in surprise. "But I thought after we passed the Twin Capes, there would just be ocean!" When the smoke clears, everyone screams in a panic. There is a large dark blue whale ahead, snout pointing in the air. "It's a big black wall!" Luffy yells. "GYAH!! It's a whale!" you screech.

The whale lets out a loud bellow, and as the ship gets closer, you notice deep long scars on it's head. "W-w-w-w-w-w-what're we going to d-d-d-d-do?!" Usopp screams, hugging onto the mast even tighter. "Should we fight it?" Luffy asks.

Nami falls back on the deck in fear, but hearing that made her stand again, "Idiot! There's no way we can fight that!" Usopp turns to you, "Y-Y-Y-Y/n! Can't you fight that thing?!" You sweat drop. "I don't think we need to-"

"Wait a sec." Zoro cuts you off, looking closely at the large mammal. "If it looks like a wall from this far, where are it's eyes?" Sanji notices this as well, calming down a bit. "You're right for once marimo! It's possible it hasn't seen us yet!"

Zoro scrambles to get up. "But unless we do something, we're going to run into it!" Nami points to the left side of the whale. "Look! There's an opening on the left! You guys! Rudder to the left!"

"THE RUDDER IS BROKEN!!!" Usopp yells to Nami, who then turns to you, "Y/N!! DO SOMETHING!!" You are getting ready to steer the ship until Luffy speaks up, "Oh yeah! I have an idea!"

Luffy runs inside the cabin, and closes the door. You go over to the railing, and try to turn the ship. Usopp, Sanji and Zoro are still trying to pull what is left of the rudder with all of their might. You manage to turn the ship just a little to the left, when there is a loud explosion and a canon is fired. The ship comes to a sudden stop, jolting the entire ship. You lose your footing and land on your butt. "Canon?!" everyone screeches in fear.

"Yosh! Did it stop?" The ship stops, but the Going Merry's head flies off, and you and Nami lay there on the deck motionless. The head flies over the two girls and lands next to them with a loud crash! Luffy turns and sees it. "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! MY SPECIAL SEAT!"

Everyone looks up at the whale, drenched in sweat and terrified. Zoro is the first to speak up. "Let's get out of here before it's too late!" he yell whispers. The three boys start to row the ship away from the large whale, hoping and praying that they aren't caught. "Did he not notice the canon because of his large size?!"

"Or is he just slow?"

"Who knows?! Anyways, let's just get out of here!!" The whale lets out another loud bellow, shaking the whole ship and the waves. You and the rest of the crew cry out, covering your ears in pain. But you continue to row until the Going Merry has reached to where the whale's eyes is. When the whale stops, you see Luffy facing it. "You! What the hell did you do to my special seat?!"