Chapter.13

Sakura's Pov

I didn't realize how late we were until I came face to face with an irritated Ino. "Why are you sooooo late? I've been waiting here for an hour and a half." She practically screamed at me. I gave Naruto a slight glance.  He lightly shook his head,"No." I sighed knowing full well what he meant. I wanted to tell Ino everything that happened but it would have to be another time. "Are you ready to go?" She asked, snapping me out my thoughts. I nodded my head and we left the Ice Cream Shop.

When we got there and went in line to get the shirts I got a weird feeling. I don't like this one bit. I had just noticed Naruto wasn't with us. Ino seemed to have noticed me looking around. She nudged my shoulder. "Chill girl. He said he'll be back by the time we get our shirts. You make it seem like you're dating." Noticing I didn't say anything her eyes widened. She gripped onto my shoulders and shook me. "Are you and him really dating?" She shouted. As soon as she asked me that an image of holding each other on the roof appeared in my mind. This feeling.....is not good. 

"N-no nothing like that. We're just friends." I said while shaking my head and waving my hands in denial, trying to convince Ino and, lately, myself that I don't feel that way towards Naruto.

"Why did the last part come out like a question? Wait don't tell me that you've been spending all this time together and never established if he sees you as a friend." I averted my eyes, earning a light punch on the shoulder. "I never wanted to bother him with such a trivial question. I would like to know but I don't know if he would be willing to answer." She shook her head then smiled quickly. "Well you can ask him right now."

"Ask me what?" I immediately felt myself stiffen as I felt his presence behind me. I looked up slightly, seeing as how he's taller than me. "U-um where did you go?" I instantly felt Ino shooting daggers at me. I swear I saw a small smile but it left as soon as it had came, making me unsure if it was really there or just my imagination. "I went to go get us some drinks," he lifted up the plastic bag full of drinks," But I don't think that was what you were going to ask me, is it?"

For some reason I couldn't bring it up. I mean it was just a simple question. It wouldn't hurt anybody, right? Then why the hell couldn't I bring myself to ask the stupid question?

"Do you consider Sakura your friend?" Ino's question rung in my head and it felt like everything disappeared, except for me and Naruto, as I awaited his answer. He seemed to be troubled, maybe uncomfortable, with the question. It actually took him a minute or two to respond.

Naruto's Pov

The question surprised me. Another thing that surprised me was that I actually wanted to consider Sakura as a friend. Sadly I couldn't, since that term triggers painful memories in my head. It also is a reminder of what will most likely happen to Sakura in the future. I looked into her eyes. God I don't want to hurt her. I made a decision that I hoped one day she would understand.

Sakura's Pov

"No." For some reason that one word put a knife through my heart. He probably doesn't know what the term means that's why he's saying no, right? It shouldn't hurt but it does so bad. Then what was the long ass hug about? What about him saving me? What about everything we've done together? I couldn't look at him. The familiar feeling of stinging started to come from my eyes. "Oh," was all I heard before I dashed to the restroom.

Naruto's Pov

Sakura ran to where ever and I knew I hurt her. I balled my fist up. "Why the hell did you say that? Do you know how much crap she's endured because she's trying to be friends with you? The least you could do is give her more than a simple no." She brushed past me and started walking off. I grabbed her wrist and brought her to a halt. I saw the panic in her eyes when she turned around, I loosened my grip. " Listen, what I'm about to tell you is between me and you. You can't tell anyone and most definitely not Sakura." She nodded her head. I don't know why I told her but in that moment I felt like she would understand why I said no to her question.

Sakura's Pov

After crying for some unknown reason I regained my composure and went back to them. I noticed Ino's eyes were filled with tears. Naruto had pulled her into a hug and a ting struck me in my chest. I walked up to him. "What are you guys doing?" They parted quickly while Ino wiped away her tears. "Nothing, I told him about my dog that died a few years ago,remember?" 

Of course I remembered about the dog but I know that's not what they were talking before I arrived to interrupt them.  I couldn't bare to look at Naruto so I stared at Ino. "We're finally ready to get our shirts." Of course we had to pay a five dollar fee for the t-shirts and then a eight dollar fee for the paint we were going to be using.

"We'll be back." Ino said to Naruto as we parted ways to change in our paintball war gear. I didn't bother to look at him. I honestly don't feel like facing him anymore tonight. "What were you two really talking about?" Ino didn't bother to meet my eyes. "I already told you, my dog." I didn't bother her about the subject anymore since she didn't want to tell me. Maybe she's waiting until the right time?

SO I planned for this to be WAAAAAAAY longer but I don't have the time since I still have three more stories to update and  work on homework before 10 so yea.... Anyways I hope you like the chapter. like, Comment, and all that other good stuff, Sayonara!