Chapter. 22

Sakura's Pov

He stared at me a moment before pouncing on me while also closing the door. I could see the shape of fox ears appearing on his head. His breathing was really heavy. Glancing at his hands on either side of my head, his claws were prominent. Looking at his eyes, they were red and black with slits going through the irises. I would be lying if I wasn't scared. The fact that I hadn't seen it this bad before made me more curious and scared. Suddenly the words of everyone came to me. Telling me not to hang around him or I would end up getting hurt. Or even dead. I reached out to touch his face. He growled and jumped back but not before burning the tips of my fingers.

I surveyed the front of the house and it was an absolute mess. The table was in complete scraps. The chairs could be used as firewood. The poor coffee table looked like it went through a lot. Had I not been here once before I wouldn't even have realized that the sofa was actually a sofa. As if he forgot I was even there he started running around the house, knocking more things over. It's a good thing he doesn't have a lot hanging on the walls. Avoiding him I went to the back of the house to see the damage. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Somehow the bed was still intact and the bathroom was the most salvageable room currently in the house. Feeling him run at me I dodged out of the way, landing flat on my butt with a hard thud. How do I help him? 

Scurrying to his room I saw an sedative. Looking for a syringe and trying to avoid all of Naruto's attacks made me tired. He got me good after I found a syringe. Gritting my teeth through the pain I prepared the sedative. Not caring if my fingers got burned again, I shoved it between his collarbone and neck. I hope that was right. After still having to dodge him I was scared it didn't work. Fortunately for me it finally kicked in. I watched him wrestle against himself as the sedative wore him down. 

Making sure he was out cold, by kicking him, I dragged to him to his bed. Making sure he didn't have any injuries, I pulled the blanket over him and left his room. Completely forgetting about the times he struck me, I felt a massive burning in my arm. Of course there was a huge gash. Must've been the adrenaline I was going through that made me not feel anything. Going to the bathroom and looking through the cabinets I was unsuccessful in finding any bandages. After looking everywhere around the house I gave up and snuck into Naruto's room, knowing there'd be some there.

Found them. I didn't realize my clothes were shredded. I looked further down and there was also a gash on my calf. That must be why I was limping. Sighing I felt drained. I know if Naruto saw me like this he would feel really bad. I made a split decision to take a warm shower and steal some of Naruto's clothes to change in. I found some sweat and a hoodie than I thought would be good enough.

Every time the warm water hit one of wounds I would hiss in pain. Thanks to he shower I found some cuts that I hadn't noticed before. Remembering it wasn't my bathroom, I had to use Naruto's body wash. It hurt like a bitch. Wrapping myself in a towel I started addressing all my cuts, well the ones I could get to, focusing on the major ones first. It took nearly an hour. I threw my shredded clothes in the trash and started cleaning Naruto's house.

By the time I was done my stomach wouldn't shut up and it was already ten. I looked around his kitchen to see what I could make really quick. Why is mostly everything ramen? Guess I'll eat ramen. Not feeling the energy to eat I decided to only make a little. After eating I got frustrated that I didn't make Naruto any. Cleaning the dishes and making him some was my last 'chore'. I replaced everything by collecting a few favors from people that owed me. I guess being nice can actually end up being useful.

I covered his food and set it on his new dinner table. I made my way back to Naruto's room and silently tidied up there. I came across some books that piqued my interest. 'How to get along with humans', 'Beginners guide on emotions'. My heart broke for him again. Why did he do this? For Sasuke? I realized it didn't hurt when I said his name. Testing the waters I kept repeating his name. Did I also get closure when Naruto did? I looked at Naruto who started moving around in his sleep. He looked so at peace while sleeping.

Waiting for the tiredness to come back to me I started playing on my phone. After a while my butt went numb from sitting on the floor. I moved to Naruto's bed hoping he wouldn't mind. Ino finally started harassing me about how good her date went. I didn't want to worry her about what happened with Naruto. I knew she was okay with him and was friends and all, but I'm sure if I told her she would start having doubts and that was the last thing I wanted. I wanted everyone to see that Naruto is more caring and considerate than he lets on. When she asked about him I just told her that he was napping when I got here and hasn't woken up yet. I might've added a little lie that he had a fever so she would stop bothering me about coming to pick me up. Before I knew it I fell asleep.

Ewww what's up with me doing short chapters? I'm slightly happy with this chapter. Only reason is because I haven't slept and I kept making so many typos it made me really frustrated. So I'm going to work on the next two chapters and then take a nap. I'm probably going to be up another two hours. Anyways, Sayonara! :)

Edit: This was typed on the third but I am tired again after trying to finish the book so this is the last chapter for today while I take a much needed nap.(Working on the Epilogue and the I'll be all the way done with the book.)