Chapter. 18

Sakura's Pov

~After school before naruto passed out~

I was waiting for Naruto when Ino came up to me. "I know I told you to wait but I still don't see him. Have you?" She was digging around in her bookbag before finding her keys. "I saw him already leave, he didn't need a ride today." Why didn't he tell me?  "Okay let's go." I decied to send Naruto a text when I almost got ran over by kakashi sensei running out the front entrance.  Ino finally found her keys and pulled me out the front, totally oblivious to what just happened.

"As always, thanks for the ride." She nodded and drove off, blasting her music. After eating a microwavable dinner and doing a whole bunch of extra credit work, I lounged around on the couch. I wonder if he's answered yet. I pulled out my phone. Delivered for five hours. He's never left me on delivered for more than two hours. I decided to watch a little bit of anime before going to sleep. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep to Fairy Tail. 

For the rest of the week Naruto hadn't shown up to school and I was getting worried. He didn't answer my texts or calls either. When ever I asked Kakashi sensei if he was okay he would just nod his head and continue on his day. Is he avoiding me or something? The bell rung nd as I was getting ready to leave Kakashi sensei called my name. "Is there something wrong with my paper?"

"No. I wanted to ask you a few questions." I gave him a quizzical look. "How close do you think you and Naruto are?" The worst thoughts popped in my head. Is he dead? I shrugged. "Well there is a favor I would like to ask of you. Naruto had been injured, you can say," my face fell and panic took over. "Don't worry he's fine. I'm leaving Thursday and was wondering if you could look after him when I do? I'll give you the keys." I nodded, not knowing what else to say.

All I did during lunch was stare at the sky. Ino had to do some tutoring. I wonder what happened to Naruto. Is that why I haven't been able to reach him? Also why does Kakashi trust me enough to watch Naruto?  Now that I think about it, I barely know anything about Naruto. 

Thursday finally arrived and Kakashi gave me the keys. "Warning. He's been yelling a lot during his sleep so wear ear plugs." My eyes went wide. "You want me to stay the night with him as well?" Kakashi gave me a look that I couldn't really specify. "I thought I told you before? I guess it was a conversation in my head." He shrugged and walked off.

Friday we had early release, which I was very grateful for. Some nights were difficult for me to sleep because of Naruto's yelling. I decided to pull a chair up to his bed and hold his hand. For some reason it helped or either eased his yelling. What's happening to you?

~ Present Time ~

I was scared. It all happened in a rush. I was thankful that Kakashi stepped in when he did. But the face Naruto made when he thought he stabbed me made my heart break. Naruto hurriedly went to find bandages. "Are you okay? He didn't get you or anything right?" I shook my head, looking at Kakashi's arm. "Don't worry it doesn't hurt or anything." Soon there were loud sounds coming from Naruto's room. Shortly after he came out with bandages for Kakashi. 

"Thanks. Are you hungry? We have pizza and hot wings or your favorite, ramen." Naruto gave Kakashi a weird look. "What? Was it something I said?" Naruto yelled out of no where. Then walked back to his room slamming the door, without looking at anybody directly. "Don't mind him." Tsunade said putting an arm around my shoulder. I nervously laughed.

After everybody left I cleaned up the kitchen and living room area. We partied hard under the circumstances. I'm glad we decided to use plastic or else this would've been a lot of dishes. It was midnight when I finally got done with all the cleaning. I heard a creak from somewhere in the house, scared I grabbed a bat that was by the door. Naruto emerged from around the corner. "Oh." He avoided direct gaze with me but smiled a little. "Payback from earlier. Did I scare you?"

"A little. I thought you were going to sleep all night." He turned to open the fridge. "I just needed a little nap." I watched him as he started making himself a sandwich. "Well how did you sleep?" He shrugged, "Good , I guess." He kept avoiding eye contact all night. "Naruto!" My sudden outburst made him jump up from the couch. "What?" He looked scared and surprise. "Look at me!" 

"I am." Shaking my head, I stood up and grabbed his face in my hands. "You have been avoiding my gaze all night!" Even with my hands cupping his face, he still won't look at me. Did I do something wrong?  He sighed, bringing me back to reality. "Sorry."

"It doesn't mean anything if you don't look me directly in my eyes." He seemed to have a mental battle with himself. My arms are really getting tired, I didn't realize how tall he was until now. Thinking about it I don't think we've been this close. I took in his features since he was taking his sweet loving time deciding if he was going to look me in my eyes or not.  I remember the first time I saw his eyes, they were a dull blue. Now, it's barely there, they were brighter than before. His lips made me think of lips that you'd want to kiss all day. Wait what? 

"I thought I hurt you. I don't know I would have done if I did.  Now when I look at you all I see is ways that I could hurt you. I don't like it. Now that I think about it, you being around me could put you in danger. I messed up your life when you stood up for me in class." He doesn't talk about how he's feeling so all of this was a surprise to me. 

"That's not tr-," He cut me off.

"Don't deny it. Ever since I came into your life things have been going wrong." Slowly, he brought his hands to where mine lay rested on his cheeks. "You had a mission when you met me. You thought ' I'll make everyone see that you're not a bad person.' I slowly opened up to you and we made progress. I'm thankful for that. You have no idea how much I appreciate you and how you've stuck around all this time." The bottom of my eyes started burning like a fire. I don't like the way he's wording this. Why does it seem like a goodbye? I don't want to say goodbye again.

"I didn't think I would get closer to anyone ever again. Somehow I ended up getting close to you and Ino. I've come to the conclusion that in order to keep you safe I need to stay away from you." I knew it. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. He removed my hands from his face. "That's not true. Why are you doing this?" My voice kept breaking. Naruto moved to give me a hug. "I'm sorry Sakura. Tomorrow I want you to call Ino to come get you. After that please stay away from me, you'll end up getting hurt if you don't."

Naruto left me there, standing in the living room by myself. I heard his door close and started crying. Not again!

WHOHOOOOOOOOOOO 1,315 wordssssssssssssssssssss. Hi! I think the story is starting to wrap up so next chapter I have an extra dramatic scene for you. What do you think is gonna happen next chapter? Anyways, sayonara! :)