Chapter.17

Naruto's Pov

On the way home I couldn't help but think about Sakura. I wonder how she would react if I told her everything? No. Why am I even thinking about this? I already know how she would treat me if I told her. The question is why do I care so much?  I shook off any and all thoughts of Sakura continuing the way home.

I didn't much sleep last night because I couldn't really get Sakura out of my head and it was bothering me. A lot. "Naruto! Why are you here so early," Sakura questioned me. Would you believe me if I told you I tried taking a run just to get you out of my head?  She just stared at me expecting an answer. "Umm, I just had an early start to the day, that's all."

"Really? It looks like you could use a few more hours of sleep. Is everything okay?" I nodded my head wanting to change the topic as soon as possible. "You know you can talk to me about anything that's bothering you, even about your demon side." I nodded and started walking to the entrance of the school. I wish I could but you would just run away and honestly, I wouldn't blame you.

"You both are here early." Ino was leaning against the wall reading a book. She quickly hid the book once she caught me trying to read the title. I rose a brow at her and then thought nothing of it. "I had to tutor someone but they just canceled on me and I caught this one," she points at me," near the front. "Are you okay? You look dead." Ino too? Damn.

"I'm fine, now stop attacking me." I laughed it off so they would take it as a joke. I noticed they still didn't really know how to joke around with me. Shortly later first period started. Then the following periods. This week has been really boring but Ino and I have gotten closer. Sakura and I? I've tried to keep our relationship exactly how it is but, she's constantly making harder and I keep feeling guilty that I haven't told her anything. I shouldn't be feeling this way. What's wong with me?

~Time Skip To December~

"Naruto! Are you even listening to me?" I hadn't even realized I zoned out. "Sorry, what?" Sakura gave me a pointed look and sighed. "You've been zoning out a lot lately, are you ok?" I nodded. "Okay, well, I was saying I couldn't believe this is our last week of school until Christmas break! I am so ready for a vacation! Oh crap, I just remembered my parents are leaving Christmas Eve." She started looking a little down then bounced back to her usual self.

"I have no one either. I guess we're all spending Christmas with each other," Ino beamed. They both looked at me expectantly. "Sure, it's not like Kuruma likes to celebrate." I had accidently told them Kuruma's name while ranting about him taking so much of my energy. They laughed. At least they've gotten used to my demon humor. " Yay!" Sakura beamed. Despite my best efforts I had gotten closer to Sakura. Fuck.

Right after school I had went straight home without taking a ride from Ino and Sakura. I suddenly started feeling pain. Like a lot of it. Upon opening the door I fell to the ground and immediately called Kakashi. "Naruto? What's wrong? Hello!" I tried speaking and it was utterly futile, the pain was too much. "H...h..el...p." Was all I could muster out before losing consciousness. 

'Kid,you're finally up. Why are you here?'                                                                                                        "I was hoping you could tell me that. Are you stealing energy again?" I crossed my arms.  'No but there has been something that's upsetting me and seeing as how you're here I guess it's worse than what I thought.'                                                                                                        "Well what is it?"                                                                                                                                                              'It feels like there's another part of me trying to disrupt the balance that the old hag set up.'                                                                                                                                                                                 "Well fix it because this pain hurts like hell. Wait- I'm finally up? How long have I been out?"                                                                                                                                                                                'Well a week and some change.'

Just then I regained actual consciousness. I looked at my surroundings without moving much. I'm home? I thought I would be at Grandma Tsunade's. I swung my legs over the bed. I really have to pee. I headed to the restroom and took a whiz. I noticed a spare toothbrush. That wasn't here before. There was a lot of noise coming from the kitchen. I grabbed the knife that was taped under the sink. There was a time I over heard Kakashi and Grandma Tsunade talking about how I was wanted by certain groups. Since then I've kept weapons taped and hidden in every room.

Quietly creeping down the hallway I peeked around and only saw black. "He hasn't woken up yet." I don't know if I was because I was tired or what but I couldn't recognize the voices. I felt someone coming around the corner. A little too late I realized it was Sakura. My eyes widened when I felt a warm liquid on my hands. My heart started to beat uncontrollably and my breathing became very unstable.

"Naruto look at me," I hadn't registered Kakashi was standing in front of Sakura," Look Sakura's okay and the cut isn't that deep." I finally looked down and saw I stabbed Kakashi's arm. "I-I'm sorry. I have bandages. Wait here." I left in a hurry not looking anyone in the eye. Bandages! Where are they?  I made a mess in the bathroom and in my room until I finally found them in my drawers.

Trying my best to calm myself, I headed back towards the kitchen, no weapon in hand. "I finally found them." I say as I don't make eye contact with anyone. "Thanks. Are you hungry? We have pizza and hot wings or your favorite, ramen." I looked at him without actually looking at him in disbelief. "What? Was it something I said?" I shook my head annoyed.

"I just stabbed you! Why are acting like everything's all normal." I didn't realized I had raised my voice. He just shrugged. I angrily walked back to my room and slammed the door. He always does this! He acts like everything's fine when ever I hurt him! I should be punished for hurting someone! Just like I was punished for what happened for Sasuke. I flopped on my bed trying so hard not to cry about that memory. Shortly after I fell asleep.

Hello!!!!!! before reading the rest of my message that you probably skip can I get an active check in the comments? Just put something from the chapter or your favorite food. Lol. Anyways no excuses this time, I was just slowly working on it. About the update schedule I changed it. I will definitely update once a month and if I'm feeling happy about it, it'll be two or three times a week. No promises! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sayonara!