◇1.5◇

Jahseh

August 18, 2013

"Wake up" Reggie said. I rolled over in the excuse of a bed and sat up. I wiped the crust out of my eyes and stood at the door. "We are going to the court house in a second" he said.

I nodded at him. "When we get back we're going to visitation" he said. I nodded at him. He opened his mouth to talk again, but I cut him off. "I just woke up, shut up please" I said. He nodded and came to stand at door.

I seen Frank walk up to our door. He glanced at me and gave me a disappointed look. He opened the door and told us to step out. He had us stand up against the wall. We stood against the wall and waited for everyone else.

Frank made us get into a single file line. He put the handcuffs on us and had us walk in a straight line out to the transport bus. We got onto the bus and were driven to the courthouse.

They were reading our charges and giving us our sentences. I only paid attention to two of the names Judge Polkes said. "Stokeley Goulbourne, possession of marijuana and intoxication of illegal substances, 7 months" she said.

"Whew this is a long one, Jahseh Onfroy. Armed robbery in the 1st degree, possession of a firearm, possession of an unlicensed firearm, trespassing, grand theft in the 2nd degree, armed burglary in the 3rd degree" she said. "These charges are serious and could give you life, but can you promise me it won't happen again and that I'll never see you in my court room again?" She asked.

"I promise" I said. "10 months with 2 years probation" she said. She slammed the gavel down and said court was adjourned. I looked up and around. Everyone was looking at me once again. Stokeley was looking at me crazy with a confused look on his face. I smiled at him.

We were brought back to to the jail. We showered and were taken to visitation. My mom was there. "So what did they say?" She asked. "10 months, 2 years probation" I said. She looked at me with disappointment. "What about Avery?" She asked me.

I began to feel sad. I'm most likely going to cry when she leaves. Something was off with Andre yesterday. I should've listened to my head. "Momma tell her I love her ok" I said then visitation ended.

Avery

August 18, 2013

I was laying in my bed crying from last night's events. Cleo came by and told me Jahseh said he loves me. I came out of my room to get some pizza rolls. My mom was watching the news.

They were talking about some kid who appeared in court today. I opened the stove when my mom screamed my name. I almost burned myself. "Yes" I said as I walked back in the room.

"Your boyfriend is on TV" she said with a disappointing look on her face. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "Jahseh is in jail right now" she said. My heart shattered. He's not supposed to be in there.

My baby is in jail. Why? He never does anything wrong. For how long? My sadness faded and I began to get mad. Why didn't he tell me? How long has he been doing shady things?

I stared at my necklace and held it. He is so stupid, but I love him. He has to stop with all these bad decisions. Now he has to face a consequence that will follow him forever.

-------------
Hope you enjoyed

Vote and comment

See ya later.