Chapter 2 : How.. How Could You?!

Garrett comes home after grabbing everything from the store. Before he got out of the car.. He sat back and started thinking of Roman. He couldn't really put the pieces together. He held onto his necklace and cracked a smile then got outside of the car.. it's 11:45 pm and Roman is sound asleep. Garrett into the house with the grocery bags and see's Kristen holding a necklace. He spots the charm on the necklace and drops the bags. He grabbed the charm around his necklace and backs against the door.  Kristen quickly hides the necklace and stands up. 

Kristen *Softly Spoke*- Whats wrong Garrett? 

Garrett - Where..Where.. Did you get that necklace?...

Kristen- It's Romans.. I saw it around his neck and noticed it was similar to yours. 

Garrett- Kristen... Come to the car.. 

Garrett and Kristen make sure Roman is sound asleep. They both go outside and close the door quickly. Garrett slowly starts to tear up and Kristen notices Garrett wiping his eyes and she begins to slowly feel anxious. Kristen knows that this is "that boy." Kristen never knew the story but Garrett would always talk about this "boy" from his past.. Hoping that he would eventually meet him again.. Garrett gets in the car door and covers his face with his hands and exhales deeply. Kristen gets inside of the car and Garrett entirely opens up. 

Garrett- Kristen... I didn't  know why it didn't click when I saw him or heard his name... But that's him.. I can't believe that's him.. 

Kristen- What happened?? Who is he?? 

Garrett- Okay, Me and Roman grew up in the same neighborhood.. He was 14 and I was 15.. Me and him were best friends. We did everything together.. Hung out, Parties, anything you can imagine. Roman and I had a bond like no other. One night Roman and I were at his house and we we're venting about emotions, the world, and our purpose. He spoke so intelligently and fluently it was like music to my ears and heart..i started to look at him differently over the next 4 years i knew my crush was developing then .. I don't know what came over me at the time but I found him so attractive. His Long Black Curly hair, His blue-ish gray eyes, he had such a perfect smile.. his smile made me melt internally. I never spoke up about it. I didn't want to ruin our friendship.. On his 18th birthday.. I decided to throw him a party.. everybody decided to show up. I thought it was going to be a good time. Everybody at the party got drunk. I had entirely too much to drink and i felt the room spinning.. 

Kristen- Wait don't tell me- 

Garrett- Just.. Listen.. So I have Roman help me to the room in the back.. and when he helped me get to the bedroom I fell onto the bed and he landed on top of me.. I looked him in the eyes and I kissed him... I didn't get the reaction I hoped for.. He freaked out and ran out the room.. I didn't want him telling everybody what I did and get judged by everybody for being gay.. So I started to panic and yell hysterically. I was yelling he tried to rape me.. everyone started to attack Roman physically and verbally.. Roman was so drunk he didn't realize what was happening until a group of people started to insult him.. He didn't know why they were doing it but i did.. a couple guys tried to attack him but he ran.. Everyone catered to me until i decided the party was over.. A couple of my friends contacted my parents and told them that Roman tried to rape me because i was drunk..  After that night my parents went to Roman's house and my parents were trying to get me justice.. His parents didn't even hesitate to ask Roman for his side.. his parents automatically judged him, disowned him, kicked him out. I remember his father telling him this and it even hurts me still to this day.. 

Romans Father- You Disgusting, Repulsive, Embarrassment of a son! How dare you? I knew you were a mistake the minute you were getting bullied and couldn't stand up for yourself! You pathetic, Weak, Soft ass child! Get the Hell Out- *Romans Father Punches him in the chest and face repeatedly* Get OUT NOW! 

Garrett- He nearly dropped out of school because of this.. He moved in with his cousin and he doesn't give a fuck about Roman.. He's let roman become a near alcoholic.. When i went back to school.. The entire school was praising me for speaking up about it and not being afraid.. it got out of hand because he started to chased out of the building and jumped in the bathroom..  *Garrett starts to tear up and his voice starts cracking* I Just wanted him to love me.. I don't know why i did that Kristen!! I'm so scared to tell him the truth! I just wanted somebody to love me for the good man i know i can be! But NOBODY Likes Gay People at our school! I've been hiding myself for so long! I Don't want to get bullied, I don't want to get beat up! I don't want to get Judged! *Garrett starts crying his heart out*

Kristen- Garrett... I'm sorry. 

Garrett- what are you apologizing for? 

Kristen begins to tear up and she starts holding her chest.. Kristen has the words in her head but her mouth won't let them out because she's afraid of what Garrett might say.. She takes one big deep breath and decides to finally let it out.. 

Kristen- While you were gone... I... I... 

Garrett- What? What? Tell Me Kristen!

Kristen- I didn't want to tell you this but Roman raped me.. I tried to fight him off but i couldn't.. 

Garrett transitioned quickly from sadness to anger and he stormed out the car into the house.. Kristen stayed in the car and covered her head in her knees and started to cry because she knew exactly what she did.. 

Kristen (in thought)- I always do this.. Why do i always make the same mistake.. Why can't I find a man who Garrett doesn't have history with.. I'm such a slut. I just.. wanted.. *Kristen begins to cry hysterically* 

Garrett storms in the house he starts to destroy the living room. knocking over lamps, flipping chairs, and Yelling out with frustration *ROMANNNN!!* Roman wakes up and runs to the living room. Garrett doesn't hesitate and tackles roman. 

Garrett - HOW COULD YOU? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO MY SISTER? YOU'RE FUCKING SICK! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT! *tears start rolling down Garrett's face and onto Romans* Garrett gets up and starts to take deep and steady breathing methods.. 

Garrett- You know what? Now I'm glad i started that false rumor you sick fuck! Yeah i started that false rumor that you raped me. I regretted it at first but now you deserve it. I would sit up and cry because of how they treated you but now you got the nerve to come to our household and put my sister through some traumatic shit like that? You Can- *Roman cuts him off with a punch* 

Roman - SO YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED ALL THIS PAIN I WENT THROUGH? YOU FUCKED UP MY LIFE? YOU MADE MY OWN FAMILY HATE ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO WAKE UP EVERYDAY KNOWING YOU HAVE NOBODY? DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE REMINDED EVERYDAY THAT YOU SHOULD DIE? THAT SHIT HURTS!.... I'VE DRUNKEN MYSELF TO DEATH, I'VE DONE COKE, I'VE DONE XANAX TO HELP ME SLEEP, I'VE SLEPT IN THE RAIN EVERY FUCKING FRIDAY BECAUSE MY COUSIN KICKS ME OUT BECAUSE I WOULD CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP THINKING OF WHAT MY FATHER DID THAT FRIDAY MORNING.. *Roman tears up exponentially* YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE. I TRUSTED YOU AND FOR YEARS I'VE HATED THE WRONG PERSON... WHEN ALL ALONG IT WAS THE PERSON I'VE HELD CLOSE TO MY HEART? YOUR DEAD TO ME *Roman snatches the necklace off Garrett's neck* *Roman punches Garrett and knocks him to the floor* YOU *punch * CAUSED *punch* ME *punch* SO MUCH PAIN! *punch* WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?! *Roman starts crying hysterically* 

Garrett tries to speak* - I did it... because i loved you.. 

That sentence broke Roman down.. Roman covered his mouth and eyes and couldn't hold in his screams and tears.. Roman's wounds were re-opened again. Blood starts dripping down Roman's arms and onto Garrett. 

Garrett- I... I'm sorry Roman... I .. *roman yells* - SHUT THE FUCK UP!- Roman grabs all of his stuff and storms out the house.. He notices Kristen sitting in the car trying to avoid eye contact. Roman opens the car door. 

Roman - YOU TOLD HIM I RAPED YOU? I thought what i saw in you was love.. i never been attracted to a girl before a day in my life.. I let you see a side of me no woman has ever got the chance to see.. And you used and framed me.. I.. Can't even look at you.. How.... How Could You? After I opened up to you? I knew it was a reason i never found Women attractive.. Roman felt his heart literally tearing apart.. I WILL NEVER LOVE AGAIN..

Kristen - Ro- Roman... I'm Sorry.... Please.. Listen... 

Roman- SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO ME! LEAVE ME ALONE! I trusted you people.. You'll showed me hospitality.. you and him made me believe there were people who cared.. people who saw my pain and wanted to heal... but no.. You're just the like rest..

*Roman slams the car door shut and puts on his jacket* Roman starts walking down the street while its raining still crying.. All the yelling and screaming gave him a migraine. His hands are stinging from the re-opened wounds and rain. Cars flying past Roman as he tries to hitch a ride.. One car fly's past Roman shooting paintball's at him.. Out the car all Roman heard was * YOU'RE FUCKING SICK YOU RAPIST* it was the boy Roman hated for years.. Roman couldn't even tear up anymore.. he just wanted the pain to stop.. One car pulled onside of him after witnessing what happened.. A Mature woman pulled up on the side of Roman. 

Woman- Are You Okay? Do you need a ride?

Roman- I'm far from okay and i don't have no where to go.. 

Woman- Look, get in the car.. 

*Roman gets in the car* *Roman speaks in a depressing and raspy tone* - My family disowned me, i have no friends, and everyone hates me.. you might as well just take me to a police station. maybe they'll have something for me.. 

The woman sheds a tear because she feels his pain - Okay.. You're coming home with me. The woman gives Roman a big hug and she starts to cry. - when we get to my house. I want to know what happen whenever you ready to tell me. *She smiles at Roman* It's not healthy to hold things in.- 

Roman- I..Don't.. - Roman slowly fades and falls asleep- 

Woman- this boy.. he's different.. He's been through a lot.. I don't know what to expect but I hope he can become comfortable enough to tell me.. *She starts to tear up* He reminds me of my son.. I hope my husband understands.. 

The woman wipes her tears and drives to her house.. even though Roman is asleep.. she can still sense that his pain is keeping him awake. Her compassion starts to grow with sympathy. - Please lord let me help heal this boy's pain.. He's been through enough.. 

The woman arrives at her house and she wakes up Roman - We're here- She helps roman out the car and goes towards the house. She opens the front door and Roman almost falls to the floor. The woman helps him to the couch.. - My name is Elizabeth.. 

Roman- Elizabeth.. 

Elizabeth- Yes?

Roman - Thank You... 

Roman lays on the couch and slowly falls asleep. Elizabeth turns out the light.. - try to get some rest hun.. I'll check on you tomorrow morning.