Season 2 Chapter 5 : Promises aren't the only thing that can be broken

The morning begins to fall.. Roman still wanders the woods in search of a place to rest.. His body begins to transform into his regular human state. His muscles begin to shrink as the hair on his body begin to fade. The transformation brings Roman to his knees. he crawls to the nearest tree and collapses. Short of breath and lack of rest. His body shuts down and he's immobilized. Roman falls asleep to the silence of the woods.

- Hours Later -
Kim returns to her house. The blood trails stained the hardwood floor. She walks over the blood in disgust as she notices Roman's jacket. The memories and emotions began to fill her heart with agony.. Wondering if he's alive, hoping he's okay, and praying that he's thinking about her. She grabbed his jacket and held it close to her heart. Driven by her love and the promise she kept. Kim knew what she had to do. Even though its against what she promised... She showered and began to get dressed. She began to pack her clothes and she decided to start her search for Roman. She stood over the blood trail and made a promise to not return until she found him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr.Kingsworth : Screw, I want you to travel to the lab's sub unit and extract DNA from our first test subject.

Screw: Dr.. I don't think that's a good idea.

Dr Kingsworth : Don't be a coward, He's locked away. i'll entrap him with a noxious sleeping gas to ensure you can extract the DNA.

Screw: ... Alright.

Dr.Kingsworth checked the camera and noticed the transformed scientist was back into his human state. Being in his human state gave Dr.Kingsworth the impression of vulnerability. Screw slowly prepared the DNA extraction tools as he prepared to go into the sub-unit. Screw got in the elevator and said a prayer before he went down.

Screw: Through everything evil, Through everything we've done. Understand our wish is your command and our loyalty is to one. Protect my soul with your power and protect my body with your spirit. (He whispers) God moge je bij mij zijn.

Hours of the day go past until the sunset dawns on Romans face, the heat from the sun wakes Roman up as he has slight memory to where he is or how he got there.. the soreness of his body and flaring headache hesitated his movement. As he slowly rose from the ground the leafs and twigs fell from his body as he walked towards the lake. Roman looked at his reflection on the lake water and noticed the cut across his face. The cut wasn't dripping blood nor causing him any pain. Roman grabbed handfuls of lake water and repeatedly washed his face. The lake water caused the cut to burn furiously. The pain spiked Roman's anger and the cut slowly began to heal. Roman became confused and noticed how fast the cut began to heal.

Roman : What... What happened to the cut? Did it just heal on its own?.. What the fuck is going on?!

Curiosity and confusion clouded Roman's mind as he slowly walked towards the woods. As he continued to think about his sudden change in physical structure and abnormal human qualities. he began testing his abilities. Roman started by breaking thick twigs, then branches, and branches thicker than his arms. Questioning the limits to his regular strength. Roman took a deep breath and attempted to focus on the spot he wanted to punch. Roman punches the tree with every ounce of strength he could use and the impact from the tree sent vibrations all through his body and his hand became numb instantaneously. Roman let out a painful yell. His hand began to swell and throb within seconds.. His hand became a purplish-blue and the cuts on his knuckles began to expand because of the swelling.

Roman : well .. that didn't work. What the fuck am I supposed to do?

Roman took a deep breath and attempted to calm down. As he began to calm down. the knuckles in his hand began to align themselves and slowly healed. The cuts and bruises began to heal as well. Noticing this healing stage, he immediately began to attempt to cause damage to himself due to see what he can heal from. He found sharp pieces of metal and began to cut himself the blood profusely ran down his arms as he winced in pain. He took several deep breaths to relieve the shock and the creeping pain. The bleeding abruptly stopped and the cut slowly began to heal itself.

The forest grew silent as the wind blew past Roman's ears.. Roman walks over to the lake and notices his hair got longer as well as his beard. He hair goes down to his black and grew silver streaks throughout his hair. The shine of his hair could spark a match. The change of his body and body hair was shocking..

* Slight rustling in the distance*

Roman turns quickly and stares in the area.

Roman: Who's there?! Show yourself.. I won't hurt you.

A woman slowly walked out of the distance and couldn't take her eyes off of Roman. Roman's facial expression changed drastically..

Roman: Ma... Maria???