Chapter 8 : Empty and unexpected

Garrett's consciousness began to regain, Sirens filling the neighborhood on the way to the hospital. Garrett slowly opens his eyes in the back of an ambulance. The nurses in the back notices his eyes are beginning to open. Relief began to fill the atmosphere as smiles began to show on their faces. Time felt like it stopped.. Garrett began to cry softly.. the pain began to seep in from his leg as he began to groan in agony. Strapped down to the stretcher he couldn't move a muscle.. the slightest movements gave Garrett sharp waves of pain of which it felt like someone held a burning knife and was slowly digging into his leg. He gave up and rested his eyes once more.. The pain was too great for him to move.  

Nurse : Hey, Are you okay? Stay with me Hun.. We're at the hospital. 

Garrett : *Groans* I'm... I'm alright.. 

The nurses and paramedics rush Garrett to the emergency room with looks of depression on their face.. they fear his blood lost may be too damaging.. His breathing was light.. The trauma filled with an evil atmosphere.. the surrounding positivist was entrapped with darkness. Garrett looking up at the ceiling slowly fading.. the entire room goes black. Music then starts to fill his head and he begins to hum along with the song.. The pain starts to numb and go away.. He closes his eyes and submits to the evil atmosphere. The thoughts of his past life, family, and future runs his mind filling him with anxiety and paranoia..

Garrett : " I don't want to die..." Tears began to roll down his face.. "I never got a chance to be myself, I want to be happy.." "I feel so got damn empty." 

Roman walks in and tears began to form.. The sight of his best friend in the hospital bed gave chills down his spine but exponential amounts of depression in his mind. The atmosphere inside of the room was full of nothing but death and despair. Let alone the feeling of loneliness filled the room. Inside of the hospital it was said to have been corrupted with nurses who abusive and mistreats the patients who are diagnosed with mental illness or physical limitations.  Time goes by and Roman sits in the waiting room hoping to hear positive results about his best friend... Until Garrett's parents walk inside of the room. 

Garrett's Father : Why the fuck are you here? I thought I made myself clear that I never wanted to see your fucking face again or anywhere near my son. You- *looks around the hospital* You get the fuck away from my son or i'll handle you personally. 

Roman's face fills with disgust and anger as he silently walks away from his father clenching his fists.  Garrett's parents begin talking to the doctor and directed them towards the room that Garrett was placed in. As the nurse walked Garrett's parents to the room Garrett's father became more and more agitated from the sight of Roman. 

Garrett: Mom?Dad? 

Garrett's father : Why the fuck was Roman here? Did I not make myself clear you hard headed dumb ass? I told you I don't want to nor should I be able to find Roman anywhere near you!! 

Garrett's Mom : Nathan relax!..

Nathan: No I'm not relaxing anything. I DON'T NEED MY SON TO BE AROUND ANYONE THAT'S HOMOSEXUAL! THAT'S NOT THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE INTERACTING WITH MY SON! YOU CAN DROP DEAD FOR ALL I CARE! DON'T CALL ME YOUR FATHER FROM THIS POINT ON! 

Garrett's Mom gasps in shock as she shakes her head and walks away knowing that her son is gay. 

Garrett's face switches from agony to angry.. 

Garrett : Well you know what? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ROMAN OR ME! YES DAD I ADMIT IT. MOM KNEW IT BEFORE YOU DID! I'M GAY! *A tear drops down Garrett's face* YOU THINK IT WAS EASY HOLDING THAT IN FROM YOU? HEARING YOU CRITICIZE, BELITTLE, AND DISRESPECT EVERY GAY PERSON YOU COME ACROSS! ROMAN ISN'T EVEN GAY I CAME ONTO HIM AT THE PARTY... I WAS SCARED ALRIGHT! YOU KNOW HOW TOUGH IT IS TO HOLD IN A SECRET THAT CAN CHANGE THE PERSPECTIVE OF HOW EVERYONE WILL LOOK AT YOU?! I DIDN'T WANT TO BE BULLIED, I DIDN'T WANT TO BE HATED BY PEOPLE.. YOU PUT ME IN THIS ENTRAPMENT OF FEAR.. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT ME? YOU ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING I DID! EVERYTHING I TRIED! YOU SHOT ME DOWN WITH NO HESITATION! AM I REALLY THAT DISGRACEFUL AS A SON? DID YOU EVEN WANT A CHILD? MOM IS THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS ACCEPTED ME FROM WHO I AM... BUT YOU CAN'T? HOW CAN YOU EVEN CALL YOURSELF A FATHER?

Nathan: Easy... I'm not a father to you.. I refuse to accept that I have a gay son and you're just gonna have to live with it 

Garrett's Mother: NATHAN! 

Nathan: No you aren't allowed to say shit to me about this because you knew about this longer than I did and you still didn't tell me? what kind of wife are you to hold secrets to your husband? 

Nathan walks out of the room holding his head down.. 

Garrett : why... why can't he love me?.... 

Garrett's mom began to hug him tightly tearing up with him : I'm sorry baby... I'll love you more than he ever will! ... you're not alone and I will never abandon you. I love you...

Roman walks to the waiting room and sits to his-self to get his thoughts together. He looks at the clock and notices its 5:55.. As he began to look around the room he caught one girl staring at him from across the room.. He didn't really pay attention until he noticed she began to smile... Garret's father walks into the waiting room and gives Roman a death stare. 

Roman: Why the fuck are you staring at like you got a problem with me? 

Nathan: The fuck you say to me? Who the fuck do you think you are? 

Roman: I'm sick of your shit! YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES DECISIONS AND YOUR SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE? GARRETT HAS BEEN BROKEN DOWN NUMEROUS TIMES BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! NOT ONCE HAS HE EVER MENTIONED YOU WHEN HE WOULD TELL ME FAMILY MEMORIES! YOU'VE NURTURED YOUR SON INTO A BROKEN ADULT! HE CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS HIMSELF WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT YOU FINDING OUT! YOU CALL YOURSELF A FATHER? YOU'RE A COWARD! DISGRACEFUL SCUM LIKE YOU MAKE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FULLY EXPRESS THEMSELVES FALL BACK ON THEIR CONFIDENCE. OKAY HE'S GAY SO FUCKING WHAT? 

Nathan: YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE A GAY SON! IF YOU CALL ME OUT MY NAME AGAIN I'LL MAKE THAT A PROMISE! 

Roman : You're a cowardly, narcissistic , Homophobic bitch who can't accept reality! 

Nathan charges at roman and tackles him and begins to punch him but Roman flips him over and starts to punch Nathan repeatedly in his face until the blood stains his knuckles. Security rushes over and separates the two. Roman and Nathan are thrown out the hospital and the police are called. 

Nathan mumbles : You and Garrett can drop dead. I don't need a son in my life to be happy. 

Roman : There you Happy?! Not only have you caused distress on the day YOUR SON gets Shot but you still only care for yourself. You deserve to die! 

The girl walks out of the hospital and calls for Roman! 

Stranger : Hey!

Roman : Huh? *turns around* 

Security: Get back inside the building young lady! 

Stranger : Thanks for sticking up for your friend. It warmed my heart.. I'll see you around! 

The young woman walks back into the hospital leaving Roman puzzled with curiosity. 

Roman: Who.. Is she?