Chapter Fourteen - Right Choices.

{ Christina Frank }

'Honey, you can't hide forever. We still have to talk about the surgery.' Mum said.

Now the whole family is in the living room cause mum ask for an important family meeting.

'Mum, I'm fine with it. Besides, who's idea was in the first place?' I said.

'I know it was mine, but think this through. You might not be able to survive the surgery.' I hear mum starting to sob.

'Sweetheart please make the right choices. No matter what we still respect your choices.' Dad said.

'Chris, please, I can't bear to lose you. None of us are.' Drake told me.

'What will happen to Tina?' Anna ask.

'Nothing honey. She's just going through some changes.' Mum told her.

It sucks that Anna don't know what's going on. Especially, when she might lose her sister.

'Come on Tina, don't disappoint us.' Julia said.

'Alright. I'll think about it.' I told them. 'I'll be in my room if you guys need me.' I stand and make my way to my room. By now I got the hang of walking to my room without getting lost.

I close my bedroom door and head to my bed. I set my cane at the side of my nightside table and lay on my bed. Fishing out my phone, I said to my phone 'Call Reece Tucker'

'Calling Reece Tucker' my phone said.

'...'

'Hello? Christina?' Reece answered.

'Hey'

'Is everything alright?'

'Yea...' I answer.

'Heard from your brother that you guys are having a family meeting.' He said.

'Yea we did. It just ended.'

'You wanna talk about it?'

'Well, this is why I'm calling you about.'

'Its okay. You can tell me.'

'I know...' I said. 'You still remember the check up that you followed me to?'

'Yes, the one that your doctor said that you have a chance of seeing like me.'

'Yea. Well my mum wants me to make the right choices. Cause there's a possibility that I might be dead if it goes wrong.' I told him.

'Hey, don't think it that way, look at the brighter side at least you are able to get your sense of sight.' He said.

'Yea... But I don't know if I'm making the right choices...'

'Well you are always making the right choices in your life.'

'You're right.' Then there's total silence. It's not those awkward silence. It's those comfortable ones.

'Christina?' he ask.

'Yea?'

'I've been thinking...' He said. 'Well, I know we've been close and all, so...' Then there's a long pause.

'So?'

'I was wondering... that you... would you... ermm...' He seem to struggle in choosing the words he want to say.

'Just tell me already.'

'Okay.' He said. 'I was wondering, would you like to go out on a date with me? It doesn't have to be those cliché type where the guy brings the to the movies and watch the stars at night, or go to the fair o-'

'I would love to.' I cut him.

'I understand that you don't want to go...' He said. 'Wait. What?'

'I said, I would love to go in a date with you.'

'YES!' He shouted, which made me giggle. 'Shit, did you heard that?'

'Yes, I did.' I giggle.

'I-I,'

'It's okay. I find it cute actually.'

'That's good. It'll be awkward if you find it like I'm trying to you know. Cause I don't want to be that kind of guy. And well you know.' He start to rumbling about it.

'Reece, breathe.' With that he stop talking and take a big breath.

'Thank you.'

'You don't have to thank me.'

'No thank you for accepting to go out with me. I'll be her that you just made a right choice.' He said.

'Welcome.' I smile.

Am I?

Will I regret?

I really starting to like Reece.

Will he walk away?

Questions are swimming around my brain.

All I hope is, I'll make the right choices in life. Well that includes the decision in the surgery...