See You at School

The last four weeks of summer flew by even faster than the beginning of the season. The Burrow had been full of laughter and good spirits just like it was before Harry had arrived, but now that he was there, it was like the positive attitude had doubled. Violet, Harry, and Ron spent most of the days on their broomsticks (and with the occasional de-gnoming of the garden). Harry was over the moon just to able to touch it after it had been locked away all month.

The only person who was happy, yet also kinda odd with having Harry at the Burrow was Ginny. Every time they were in the same room together, Ginny would knock something over. Even if Harry was just passing by there was a 99.9% chance that a crash would soon follow.

On one of the last days of their holiday when the three friends walked into the kitchen for breakfast, Ginny practically threw her porridge on the floor in fright. Violet rubbed her forehead as she ushered the boys to just go about their business as she knelt down to help Ginny with her mess.

"Gin?" Violet asked as she used a rag to wipe up the split food, "Are you sure you're okay?"

Ginny gulped and picked up the bowl, answering her sister back with a nod before standing right back up like nothing had happened. Violet just furrowed her eyebrows and tossed the rag into the sink before sitting down next to the brown eyed girl and started listening to the conversation.

Arthur had just handed Ron and Harry their letters before lightly tossing Violet hers across the table. The family's designated seats had been messed up for the past four weeks that Harry has been at the Burrow, but the family didn't care one bit as long as Harry is in a safer place and being fed until his stomach was full.

"Letters from school," Arthur said, passing Harry, Ron, and Violet identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry — doesn't miss a trick, that man."

Violet opened up her letter and read the bright emerald ink:

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

43 Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Fred, who had finished his own list, peered over at Harry's. "You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" he said. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan — bet it's a witch."

Violet chuckled and said to Harry, "Mum fancies him." Molly turned gave Violet a look, who quickly turned her attention back to her breakfast.

"That lot won't come cheap," George said, with a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive..."

"Well, we'll manage," Molly said, but she looked worried. She and Arthur weren't the richest family in the wizarding world, but they always found a way to get their children their school books, put food on the table, and to stay positive and loving. Molly shook her head and placed a smile on her face and said, "There's only one place we're going to get all this, especially with the new term starting in just a few days." She paused for only a couple of seconds, "Diagon Alley."