Finding Out

"Yeah, maybe we could-", Kaycee was cut off by the need of her insides having to be emptied. She rushed to the bathroom, kneeled down, and clutched the sides of the toilet while she puked.

"Kayc?" she heard the worry in her boyfriend's voice, "Are you ok?"

She felt a hand on her pull her hair back, and another rub her back.

Once she finished, she washed her mouth right before Sean said,

"Kayc, this has been going on for way too long. You're sick, I know you."

She noticed his eyes were wide open out of worry for her.

"Sean, I'm fine, I promise. It's probably just something I ate."

Suddenly, Sean's eyes became wider than before as a possibility came to his mind.

"Kayc, when was the last time y-you got your p-period?" he stuttered still out of shock of what could happen if his thoughts were right.

Her eyes widened as she looked at the calendar on her phone. She almost began to cry.

"T-two months ago", she said shaking her head not wanting this to be true.

"Do you think you're pr-", he started.

"Don't say it, please." she begged, a single tear escaping her eye, "Can you just go get a test?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure", he kissed her forehead, and with that he left the apartment, hands on his head.

They were currently in Boston, which only made their situation more stressful.

He got the test for Kaycee. As he was paying for it, the cashier couldn't help but ask, "who are you getting this for, sir?"

He sighed, "my girlfriend", he muttered under his breath, but it was loud enough for the woman to hear him.

"and how old are you?" she continued questioning him.

"17", he said, the same way he answered her earlier question.

The cashier sighed and handed him the bag while saying, "good luck". 

He got back to the apartment quickly, handed Kaycee the test, and waited for her to finish taking it while he paced around the small living room.

After a little bit, Kaycee called for him.

They stared at each other for a bit before Sean spoke up.

"Alright, babe, I just need you to know that if that test is positive, it is not your fault. I don't want you to blame yourself for anything, ok?" he held her face in his hands.

"Okay", Kaycee answered, her eyes already flooding with tears as Sean pulled her in for a hug.

She stayed in his embrace until the timer she had set went off.

They looked at each other, the test in one of Kaycee's hands, flipped around so they couldn't see anything yet.

She took a deep, shaky breath before turning the test over, only to find results that would change their lives forever.

Her free hand covered her mouth as she sobbed.

Sean pulled her in for a bear hug, repeating the same four words over and over.

"It's gonna be ok."

"Could you get Alex and Jade, please?

He nodded, and with that he left the room.