Meetings

3 days later
Kaycee and Sean had decided to wait just a few days before their families could meet Ethan. They just wanted to have him to themselves for a little without having their parents annoying them with crazy advice, and their siblings whining for turns to hold him.

However, today was finally the day they were going home, therefore everybody would meet their little baby.

"Oh my goodness! You look so cute, baby!" Kaycee cooed as she dressed her son into his 'going home' outfit.

"And you look hot." Sean said as he came closer to the hospital bed.

He knew it had only been a couple days, and he knew Kaycee was aware that she wouldn't bounce back to how she looked like before Ethan. But he also knew she was self-concious as to how her stomach currently looked like.

He stole a quick kiss from her before saying, "I'm gonna go to the vending machine real quick, ok?"

She nodded.

Left alone, Kaycee took the opportunity to talk to her baby like she had done before, except this time she was looking at him, and not just a bump on her stomach.

"Are you ready to go home and meet your family?"

Ethan's eyes scanned his surroundings as he tried to identify where the familiar voice was coming from. Even if it was going to be impossible since his little eyes could only focus on things inches away from him.

At the sight of her baby, Kaycee smiled.
"Do you recognize mommy's voice? I talked a lot when you were inside me."

Ethan smiled. Kaycee thought it was cute, even if it's just a reflex.

She continued her conversation with her baby.
"When you get home everyone is gonna love you, and spoil you with hugs and kisses."

She just stared at him with tears threatening to fall now.

"What did I do to deserve you, Ethan?"
She asked as she picked him up, all dressed now.

She still had to wait for Sean to leave, but she had picked her son up just to be able to feel his steady breathing close to her ear, as Ethan listened to her heart. As the soumd calmed him down even more, he snuggled into his mother's arms more all by himself.

"Ricebowl?" Sean asked, entering the room, "Ready to go?" He smiled.

"Yeah."
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Okay. We're here." Sean said as he pulled into Kaycee's driveway.

He quickly got out of the car to help Kaycee get out and to get their bags.

"Thank you." Kaycee smiled as she took his hand.

As they stood in front of the door, Sean took ahold of her hand before asking, "Ready?"

She looked at their baby in the carseat held by her other hand and smiled once again, "Yeah."
With that, Sean unlocked the door.

Everybody in the living room froze when the tiny new family came into view.

"Oh." Laura started.
"My." Brad continued.
"Goodness." Miya said.
"Gracious." Cheuk ended.

The four then went on to say at the same time, "We're grandparents." Their eyes widened, jaws dropped.

"Hi, guys." Kaycee waved with her free hand. Sean laughed. Nobody had even seen Ethan's face yet due to the carseat, and they were already in shock.

"Hi, Kayc." Kylie said, hugging her gently.
She then looked at Ethan.
"Oh my god, he is so freaking adorable!" She whisper-shouted.

"Thanks, Ky."

"Hey, we wanna see him too, ya know." Serris waved her hand up in the air, speaking for Devon, Sarah, herself, and basically everyone.

"Ok. I'll get there, eventually." Kaycee said, starting to walk over to the couch slowly.

"Here, let me help you, babe." Sean said, takimg the carseat and helping his girlfriend with his other hand.

Once they were all seated, Kaycee carefully unbuckled Ethan from the carseat, earning a bunch of squeals from everyone around her.

"Wow." Devon said in awe of his tiny nephew.

"Ok, go wash your hands, and then you can take turns holding him." Kaycee commanded.

Everyone obeyed her, and went in a line to the bathroom.

Serris was the first one out.

"Can I hold him now?" She asked smiling.

"Yes. Come sit down." Kaycee smiled back, and patted the free space on the couch.

"Ok. Now just supoort his neck and head. There you go. See it's not that hard."
Kaycee laughed and regreted it almost instantly, pain coming back to her once again.

"Are you ok?" Serris asked worried.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine, it just still hurts quite a bit to laugh." She responded.

Serris nodded in understanding.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Every family member got the chance to hold Ethan throughout the rest of the day, saying little cute comments to him while he was close to them.

"Well, that went well." Kaycee thought as she fed her baby, smiling, looking down to see him almost asleep.