Broken Waters

4 days later, July 20th, 2019; 2:03 am

Kaycee was wide awake, she had been for a few hours now.

She was having contractions that she just assumed were Braxton Hicks. However, she felt like each one was worse than the one before.

She looked at the small clock on her night stand, it was only 2am. "Great!" She thought as she rolled her eyes, knowing she wouldn't be able to sleep any time soon.

She then looked back at her sleeping boyfriend next to her, jealous that he was able to rest and she wasn't.

Kaycee felt thirsty all of a sudden, and decided to go get some water.

As she waddled down to the kitchen, she had three more contractions, but she just brushed them off.

45 mins. later

Since she had drank water a while ago, Kaycee felt the need to pee after a while; there was a baby pressing on her bladder after all.

She went into the bathroom to take care of her needs, washed her hands, and what happened next made her freeze in her spot for a few minutes, and let out a small, silent scream, out of excitement and fear.

Her water had just broken.

At first, she thought she had just peed on herself despite having just done that, but she knew that wasn't it. Her water broke.

She went over to her bed, where Sean was sleeping peacefully, and she tried to shake him awake.

She was suddenly grateful Sean had begged her to stay the night with her at her house.

"Sean, Sean wake up, please!" She whisper-shouted.

Knowing words and shaking wouldn't work at this point, Kaycee decided to slap his arm gently, while still talking.

"Huh? Uh-what, I'm awake." He said, a slight slur in his words as he was still half asleep.

"Sean, m-my water j-just broke." Kaycee told him. He could sense the fear and the joy in her voice at the same time.

Her statement made his eyes widen, and the sleepiness soon was erased from his face.

"Babe, we gotta go to the hospital." Sean said.

"I know." His girlfriend said quietly, head looking down.

"Love, are you scared?" He asked, earning a hesitant nod from Kaycee.

"Don't be, babe, everything will be alright." Sean tried to reassure her.

"Easy for you to say, a baby isn't gonna come out of your private parts any time soon." She scoffed, getting a bit angry.

"She has a point." Sean thought.

"Can you wake up my parents, or at least Kylie?" Kaycee asked.

"Well, I don't think either of your parents or Kylie want me in their rooms, but I can wake up Devon and ask him to do it." He suggested.

"Ok."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean walked down the hall, and silently opened the door to Devon's room.

He approached his bed, and kneeled down to whisper, knowing he was a light sleeper.

"Yo, Devon." He started, as Devon began to stir in his bed.

Sean gently patted his arm while repeating his earlier words.

"What?" Said a sleepy Devon as he rubbed his hands over his tired eyes.