A Drunk Sean pt. 1

(A/N hi, welcome to a terrible chapter because i haven't written in so long. also: pay attention to the time or this won't make sense.)

November 26, 2019; 1pm

A day after his 18th birthday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a rough  couple of weeks for Sean. Sure, celebrating his birthday the day before had been fun, but before that, all he felt was stress and anger.

He was teaching classes, and feeling bad for all the decidions he had made, even though Kaycee tried to tell him over and over he was doing the right thing. He silently thanked God that he had finished high school early, or he would have voluntarily smashed his head on the ground by now.

The stress came from all the choreographing. He had spent hours and hours in the garage trying to figure out pieces for his classes. Kaycee would have to go downstairs in the middle of the night to make sure he went to bed. The travelling didn't help either. He couldn't recall the last time he actually slept for more than 5 hours, making him grumpy. The anger came from the feeling that he could be doing more; doing more to be a better choreographer, a better father ...

He also felt bad for leaving Kaycee and Ethan, even if it had only been a two or three weeks. No matter how many times Kaycee assured him that they were okay, and that what he was doing was benefitting their small family, he couldn't help but feel guilty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That afternoon, when he had just gotten home, he found there was no one in sight. He walked around calling his girlfriend's name, but there was no reply. Once he got to the living room, he flopped onto the couch with a sigh. The house was still a bit messy from the celebration of the previous night. He went through his phone for a while, before it reminded him of all the things he still had to do. Sean got hungry after a while. He got up and went into the kitchen, and was surprised by what he found in the fridge. A bottle of wine.

Sean and Kaycee didn't drink, not only because it was illegal but because they had always thought it was weird. The asian boy soon got out of his confused daze when he reminded himself that Laura had brought the liquor for her, Brad and his parents to drink on his birthday.

He thought about drinking it, for a second but he soon chastised himself as he shook his head violently.

"No, no, no, no, no." He said continously.

He decided to go back to the garage and play some music. Maybe what he needed was to relax while dancing, his therapy since he had been a little kid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3pm

"Are you excited to see daddy?" Kaycee cooed at Ethan while she unlocked the door.

She was not prepared for what was on the other side, however. When she opended the door, the first thing she saw was a picture frame, on the ground, broken.

A loud gasp came from her lips when she continued to go through her house. It was a mess.

"Sean?" She called loudly, worry filled her voice.

She kept walking while balancing grocery bags on one arm and Ethan, who now had his head buried in the crook of his mother's neck out of fear, on the other. She got to the kitchen, where she saw the open bottle.

"Oh no, no, no, no..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:45pm

Sean had been dancing for a while, but it didn't feel right this time. It usually helped him, but this time it only made things worse.

He thought back to the bottle of wine that still remain in his fridge, and without a second thought, he went staright to it.

All he could hear was an old friend telling the teenager that he drank to forget and feel peace; those the only two things Sean found convenient and needed at that moment.

He opened the bottle and poured it into a glass. He looked at it before actually drinking it.

"Forget and feel peace..."

It echoed in his mind, and with now tearfilled eyes he took a sip of the liquor in front of him.

He had never drank alcohol before, his body not knowing how to process it. A part of him was still aware of how bad what he was doing was, but the rest of him just longed for that feeling of numbness for as long as it could have it.

His system was not sure how to respond. A small amount of the drink making him stuble upon whatever was in front of him, making him break picture frames, a cup; pillows and cushions were now on the ground among other things.

After a few minutes of pure disaster, Sean finally sat down in a small chair they had in the garage, and stared at nothing for a while.

Soon after, Kaycee was back home with Ethan. She kept calling for Sean until she saw the bottle. The young mother started looking everywhere for her boyfriend, until she found the door that led to the garage slightly open. She opened the door, Sean's piercing gaze meeting with her own eyes. Kaycee could tell he was angry, not with her but with himself.

"What happened, baby?" She asked softly, not wanting him to explode.

"I don't know, Kayc. I really don't." he replied.

Kaycee winced at how rough his voice sounded.

This isn't my Sean

She thought.

"I'm gonna put Ethan down for a nap, and I'll be back to talk, ok?" She said as carefully as she could.

He only nodded.

Once Kaycee was back, Sean stood up from his seat, and looked at her.

"Are you ok?" His girlfriend asked.

He shook his head, avoiding her gaze now.

"Please talk to me, Sean." She begged.

"Why did we have Ethan?" He said angry after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

"What?" Kaycee asked confused.

"I asked you, why did we think having a kid was a good idea!?" He yelled again.

Kaycee's eyes were slowly, but surely filling up with tears now.

"S-S-Sean, I-I thought we had talked through this before, what are you saying?" She stuttered, as she was still shocked by the boy's words.

"Kaycee, I can't do this anymore..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Ooooh a TERRIBLE cliffhanger.