She's Over This

39 weeks, 6 days

"Ughhhh." Kaycee groaned as she tried to put on shoes, failing miserably.

"I give up!" She exclaimed. "Guess I'm not going out of the house today."

"Kayc, what's wrong?" Devon asked.

"I can't get my shoes on 'cause I can't see anything!" She shouted on the verge of tears.

Devon chuckled softly.

"Why are you laughing at me!?" She cried.

"I'm not laughing at you Kayc, calm down, please." Her brother spoke softly.

"Here, let me help you." Devon said, getting down on his knees and picking up one of his sister's shoes before sliding it onto her foot.

"Thanks, Dev." Kaycee said. 

"You're welcome. Anything for my little sister." He smiled.

"I'm so over being pregnant." She said truthfully.

"Just a couple of days, Kayc, and you'll have Ethan in your arms." Devon told her.

"Promise?" 

"I promise." His right hand was over his heart as he said it. "I can't wait to be an uncle."

His last comment made her laugh.

"You'll be a great one." Kaycee said making her brother smile wider.

"And you'll be a great mother." Devon replied.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Well, now that you've got shoes on," they both laughed before he continued, "wanna go do something?" 

Kaycee's eyes lit up.

"Can we go get froyo?" She asked hopeful, puppy eyes staring at Devon.

"Sure, we can go grab some." He laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks again, Devon, for everything."  Kaycee smiled before scooping up some froyo on her plastic spoon and eating it.

"You're very welcome, Kaycee." 

And with that, Devon drove them back home.