He Has A Name

"Sean?" Kaycee called as he made dinner for his and her family for a small get together before the baby arrived. It was kinda like a baby shower, except there were no gifts, just two families getting together to talk and have fun for a few hours.

"Yes, love?" He answered, turning his head to her.

"I really wanna have a name for him before he comes. I don't want to stress over that after he's born, just enjoy his first few days with us, with a name." She said pretty firmly, but definitely not angry.

"Well...as of now, I don't have any names in mind, but we could ask for help tonight." He suggested.

"Alright," Kaycee started, "I like that idea. I'll be back, I have to pee." She said rushing to the bathroom as Sean laughed and shook his head lightly, before returning to his earlier tasks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, Sean, your cooking skills continue to surprise me everytime." Devon said.

"Thanks, Dev." He answered as he cleaned up  the table.

"Ok," Kaycee started, "we need help with something, guys." She stated.

"What's up?" Serris asked.

"We are having trouble with naming the baby, we don't even have one name in mind for him." Sean said.

"So we were thinking it be a good idea to give each person some paper and a pen to write down names and help us pick one out." Kaycee smiled.

"That's a great idea, sweetie." Miya said, smiling back at her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok. Everybody done?" Sean asked.

"Yup!" They all exclaimed at once, almost like it was rehearsed.

Their families handed them the papers anonymously.

Sean changed the order the papers were in before reading them with Kaycee.

Noah, Carson, James, Liam, Michael, Daniel, Zachary....

They read name after name, but none of them seemed to be good for their child.

After a few other names, one caught Kaycee's eye immedeatly.

Ethan.

"Sean, look at this one!" She exclaimed.

"Wow, do you think this is it?" He asked carefully.

"I think so."Kaycee smiled, "Wait. I wanna know what it means before deciding anything."

Sean nodded and pulled out his phone googling the meaning of the name.

Their families stared at them, longing for the young couple to tell them what name they were talking about.

"It means firm, strong and long-lived." Sean said.

Kylie smirked.

"I love that." Kaycee said.

"Then I guess it's settled," Sean paused, "Our baby's name is Ethan Lew." He smiled.

"I wrote down that name! See Devon, I told you they would choose one off my list." Kylie said before sticking her tongue out, mocking her older brother.

"Shut up." Devon laughed.

"Get used to this, Ethan." Kaycee laughed rubbig her belly.