:𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔:

The room was dark and cold and it couldn't of been any bigger then a child's bedroom. All it contained was a metal desk and two matching chairs. The lighting in the room had been focused on the table, where one folder sat. The folder was spewing with lose papers and colorful post-it notes, the name {L/n} marked on it at the top. The post-it notes were the most colorful items in the room. Beside the folder was a lone styrofoam cup. It held hot brown liquid that gave the aroma of coffee to the room. The last thing the room contained was a standard video camera, to document the interaction about to happen.

The metal door opened with a ear splitting creak of metal against stone, one that would cause goosebumps. Once the door opened fully an older gentleman and a women entered. The older man wore a uniform, one decorated in badges and metals. The women was quite younger and wore more casual clothes. She wore grey sweat paints that had been littered with stains and a tank top. Her face and exposed arms had been decorated with a few cuts here and there. She had a scab across her bottom lip which her tongue would brush over again and again. Her hair was tied back in a pony tail but had lost its uniformed shape, many strands of hair falling from the elastic and framing her face. Hanging from her neck were a pair of silver tags, they'd clink together with her movements and echo throughout the room.

The older man sat in one of the chairs, to the right of the camera. He turned it on and gestured to the other chair. "Have a seat Ms. {L/n}." He said and she obeyed, pulling the chair back then sitting herself down at the table. Her eyes wandered to the folder marked with her last name then back to the man, she had an idea on why she was here. "Coffee?" The man asked and pointed to the cup, the steam from the dark liquid spreading the warm aroma.

Hesitantly she took a sip from the cup, slowly as first as she was cautious not to burn her tongue. The warm drink flowed down her throat effortlessly. It had been some time since she was graced with the sweet taste of caffeine and she savored it. When she was done she set the cup down in the spot it was before, half of the drink now gone. "I suppose you want to know what happened?" She asked, her question answered with a nod from the man in return. Every thought in her mind escaped her in that second, right when she tried to piece together a story. He noticed her struggle and threw her a lifeline.

"From the beginning." He said.

"Well..." She started and trailed off. The event replayed in her mind as her gaze became blank. She heard the chopping noise of helicopter blades in the back of her head but pushed it out of her thoughts. "We were on patrol, like normal." She said, finally figuring out how to describe it. "The route hadn't had any activity for weeks so we were the only ones out that way and they caught us off guard." The women explained. The older man nodded but he didn't look satisfied.

"And you lost the whole squad there?" He asked and she nodded, looking at the folder on the desk again.

"The first one we lost was sitting right beside me, the bullet went right through the glass and into his head. When we crashed the rest of them died." She said, trying to keep most the bloody details out. That seemed good enough for the man across from her but he had other questions.

"And how did you survive?" He asked, she knew this would come up.

"I tried my best to angle the chopper so we'd have a softer landing but the back end came off so I was the only one who made it." She explained. Of course she would break down everything she did for him in the hours of interviewing to come. They had gone back and forth constantly, him trying to put words in her mouth and make her seem like she was at fault here. The whole ordeal was just bad luck, but he refused to see it that way. By the end of the interview her coffee was gone and so was her energy.

"I think that's all I need." He said and stood, grabbing the folder off the desk. The women nodded and rested her head in her hands, she'd be happy when she could take a nap. "Ms. {L/n} you will be discharged and sent home, an event like this may of caused you to sustain some psychological damage. You may be reinstated once you receive proper medical treatment." He said then shut the camera off. The women had looked everything but happy, she was unsure what would become of her now.

"I sure as hell don't feel psychologically damaged!" She yelled and stood, slamming her hands on the desk. A loud boom echoed throughout the room from her actions, but left the man unaffected. With her eyes narrowed she stared him down. The man didn't say anything, he just left the room with the folder containing her information. She felt defeated, she hadn't know this little interview would determine her military career.

Heavy hearted she returned home, her parents were happy to see her of course. The only thing was that she returned home without a job and a check that was less then she hoped for. Though going home was nice, she had almost forgotten what home looked like. New York obviously hadn't missed her but she missed it everyday. After a visit with her parents she left for her apartment, reacquainting herself with the subway system.

Once she got home she stared at the door to the apartment, she saw light peaking out from the space between the bottom of the door and the floor. The tv inside was on and could be heard just outside the door. Hesitantly she lifted her hand and knocked her knuckles against the hard wood. The knock echoed in the hallway as it turned quite, the tv from inside the apartment turning off. Footsteps came closer and closer to the door then the clinking of locks could be heard unlocking. The door opened and the young women inside looked as if she was going to faint.

The women had dark hair that looked red in the light and it extended down to her lower back. Skin tone wise she was tanned, practically bronzed. Like always her makeup was flawless and she looked odd living in such an ugly apartment. The look on her face changed from shocked to scared as she screamed. "{Y/n}!" She yelled, jumping up and down on her toes while her hands eagerly grabbed her friend. All the shock in her expression turned into happiness while they hugged.

{Y/n} of course hugged her back just as tight, dropping her bag beside her so it didn't weigh her down. The redhead was also quite short, the top of her head reaching {Y/n}'s shoulders. Once the hug was done the shorter female pulled the bag as well as her friend inside, closing the door behind them. "It's good to see you again Nina." {Y/n} said as she watched the redhead run into the kitchen. She came back out with a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

"Let's celebrate!" She sung and shimmied her hips as she walked closer to {Y/n}.