:2:

The card sat in between her fingers while she flipped it over and over again, unsure of what to do with it. She stopped flipping it and traced her fingers over the black ink, the rough texture tingling her finger tips. The card was simple and would help give her life purpose in the end. Ever since the little piece of paper came into her possession she would just stare at it for hours. It had been in her reach for two days now, this lifeless object was turning her insane slowly. It was funny how one single piece of paper had such an effect. Well it wasn't paper exactly, more comparable to thin cardboard. She chewed her lip and picked up her phone, holding the card in her left hand as she dialled the number. The screen showed the number in the phone, the last step was to press the call button.

Her finger hovered over the button while she thought about what to say. She forced her finger down and hit the call button, the phone giving a beep to signal the action. Quickly she pressed the speaker to her ear, trying to calm her nerves. The phone rang twice before there was a pause as someone picked up. "You've reaches Mr. Stark's personal line, my I ask who's speaking?" The voice said, it was rather soothing and almost robotic if you listen to its pitch closely.

"This is {Y/n} {L/n}, Mr. Stark contacted me a few days ago and told me to call this number." She said. There was a long pause before the voice she recognized as Tony's came through the speaker.

"Took you long enough, I thought I'd have to break into your apartment again." He said.

"Yeah don't do that again. So is someone gonna pick me up or should I take the train?" She asked. There was a pause on the line again until Tony spoke.

"It's a yes then?" He asked.

"Yes!" She said, raising her voice a little.

"Alright I'll send someone to pick you up, be ready in five minutes." He said and hung up the call.

Her phone beeped as it signalled the end of the call and she pulled it away from her ear. She set a timer for five minutes then jumped to her feet, running into her room to get ready. Of course she wanted to make a good impression, she would be working with trained professionals and wanted to look professional. From what she heard about the avengers she'd be meeting an actual god, not to mention all the others there. There was Bruce Banner, another smart mind in the group she wanted to impress. Of course there was the two agents, if she was going to be working with them she wanted to get along with them. Then there was Captain America, who would most likely be the one she would have the most in common with.

Quickly she yanked her shirt over her head and threw it to some corner of her room, rummaging through her dresser to find something acceptable. She grabbed a loose white tank top, throwing it on after she put on a bra. Once that was on she kicked her shorts off, changing her underwear before finding a pair of pants. The dark blue skinny jeans on her bed were good enough, so she squeezed herself into them then put on some socks. Once she was done she turned her gaze to the long mirror in her room, lifting her shirt up. She poked and prodded at her stomach. Her hand slid along her waist line, running against the smooth skin. Thankfully while she was with the army she managed to build some muscle mass. This made her not skinny but fit, her body toned nicely.

Letting her shirt fall back into place she fixed her hair quickly, tying it up in a bun. A few strands here and there fell from the bun but only made it look nicer as they framed her face. She looked from her mirror to her desk, her eyes locking on the set of tags she wore everyday until she was discharged. She grabbed them and put her head through the loop, the tags dangling from her neck. They looked right when they were there, but only brought back bad memories. Her finger touched the cold and worn metal for a heartbeat before she decided to leave them on.