:8:

Clint explained where we were now, introducing everyone to his wife and his kids. Once everyone got settled, Thor left to go back to Asgard for now. {Y/n} would watch Tony and Steve chop wood for a time, laughing slightly when Tony told Steve not to take from his tiny pile after Laura asking him to fix the tractor. When Tony left, Steve tossed the axe down then wiped his face with the bottom half of his shirt. He turned to {Y/n} after when she started to zone out, her gaze drifting off towards the empty and green fields. Steve would walk over then sit next to her on the porch, sitting quietly until she spoke.

"I need to do something." She said.

"Do what?"

"Anything."

"Did you want to help me chop wood?" He asked.

{Y/n} laughed then shook her head as a 'no.' "You've chopped enough firewood for a whole campsite." She said, making Steve smile slightly. Even though she smiled, her eyes seemed hollow. He knew there was something she wasn't talking about, something she must've seen thanks to Wanda.

"Are you okay?" He asked once she stopped smiling.

"I..." She started then trailed off. With her pause Steve would sigh, setting an arm around her shoulders. Quietly she shook her head then reached up, touching his hand that was loosely on her shoulder with her own. "I think I'll go to Sam's support group once this is over." She said. "I saw some things I've tried to forget for a while now..." She'd continue.

Steve nodded, not wanting to press further.

"What did you see?" She asked.

"I was back in my time, the war was over but it didn't feel right...Maybe it was because I knew I wasn't really there." He said. {Y/n} nodded slightly then leaned against him, her head now against the front of his shoulder. From there she watched Tony come out of the barn, walking back to the house. Laura then approached her.

"{Y/n}, the tractor really is broken and I wanted to know if you'd look at it? Tony has a bit to think about now." She said and smirked slightly.

"Of course I would." {Y/n} said then sprung to her feet before going to the barn and leaving Steve behind. She had said she wanted to fix something so this was her chance.

When she opened the barn the door creaked, the old wood and the rusted hinges making her presence know. Her eyes fell on the old tractor then she smiled, her hands then opening the side to see the engine. The smell of grease and gasoline made a smile decorate her face. She had no idea what was wrong with it other then it wouldn't run so she grabbed the key off the workbench. She'd then turn the key in the ignition, watching the engine spurt and sputter before going silent. After turning the key back she got to work, taking parts of the engine block apart piece by piece to find the problem.

This quiet gave her time to think about her current situation and exactly where she'd be sleeping tonight. Steve and her had agreed to share a room together, both of them arguing slightly over who would sleep on the floor. But that wasn't her most important issue, it was more about Steve himself. {Y/n} realized how much she started to rely on him now to talk about things with and how he showed some vulnerability in return. She would wonder if this was Tony's doing, since he was the one to send Steve to pick her up on his first day.

Her hands grasped something furry before it scurried off in the tractor, making her jump slightly. A squirrel ran out from underneath and she sighed in relief. "Sorry little guy but you gotta go." She said and it just froze, staring at her. The squirrel then ran off, slipping out of the barn from a small crack in one of the boards. {Y/n} then lifted a hand to her head and wiped the sweat from her forehead, smearing some grease across her face. She then reached back into the tractor, pulling out a rusted plug with some force.