:1:

"I got it!" Nina said and popped the champagne bottle. The contents of the bottle started to spew out onto the floor. Nina let out a shrike and put the glasses in the way of the foam, trying to catch it. The foam filled the glasses and started to spill over the top, leaking onto her hand. The redhead ran back into the kitchen laughing, leaving a trail of foam behind her. "This bottle reminds me of some men I've been with!" She yelled from the kitchen, making {Y/n} laugh.

{Y/n} started to look around the apartment, not much had changed since she left. There was a bit of new junk here and there but nothing that really stood out. She looked at the mess on the floor then shook her head, making her way to the kitchen. Nina had set the bottle in the sink as it's liquid spewed out to contain the mess. Nina was drying her hands off with a rag before leaving the kitchen to clean up the mess in the living room. Taking it upon herself {Y/n} poured the champagne into the glasses then walked back into the living room just as Nina finished cleaning.

"Here." {Y/n} said and handed Nina the drink.

Nina gave a quick thank you and tossed the rag on the coffee table. She quickly downed the glass of champagne then sat on the couch. Nina put the now empty glass down and {Y/n} sat next to her. When you would look at the two girls they were extremely different. Nina had looked extremely polished, her hair always straightened and her makeup always done. Meanwhile {Y/n} had a more uniform look, she focused more on what was practical over what looked good. Again they looked extremely different but got along really well. Nina helped her relax and have fun, and {Y/n} helped Nina focus when she needed to.

"So what are we gonna do first?" Nina asked.

{Y/n} thought for a moment then realized she didn't have time to waste. A few hours ago she lost her job, her lifestyle, she would need to find a new job. She only had so much money and knew she would need to make more eventually. To find a job she'd do what she told Nina to do once, pound the pavement. Though she wasn't sure where she could get a job with her kind of skills. "I need to find a job." She said, drinking her champagne after. The gold liquid glided across her tastebuds, sweet yet tangy. The champagne tasted rather expensive, she assumed Nina was saving it for this occasion.

Nina nodded then started listing off places they could go. They talked for hours, Nina got {Y/n} caught up with all the events that had happened in the city while she was away. This included the alien attack on New York. Out of disbelief from {Y/n}, Nina had to pull up a few videos on her phone. "Who are they?" {Y/n} asked, pointing to the people she saw in the video fighting off the aliens. Nina took the phone back to look at who she was pointing at.

"That's the avengers, they saved New York and maybe the world." She said and handed the phone back. When the video was done {Y/n} sat the phone down.

"I missed a whole alien invasion." She said, dumbfounded how something like that could happen.

The next few days the two girls ran around trying to find {Y/n} a new job. They tried everywhere for every position but it seemed no one was hiring. Nina had taken {Y/n} out to get her some new clothes as a welcome home gift and to get her mind off the failed job search. She would beg but {Y/n} just wouldn't try on one pair of high heels or anything that didn't reach her knees. When they were done they went out to eat. Before {Y/n} left her favourite place to eat was the sandwich place close to their apartment so that's where they went.

The building smelt like freshly baked bread and fresh greens, a smell that's rare in the city. The front of the building was open and the smell from inside leaked out into the streets. The smell from the bread attracted both people and pigeons as the birds littered the sidewalks. Across the street from the sandwich place was a small park with a fountain, making this one of the nicer places of the city. The walls of the deli were decorated with old photographs regarding the history of the place. When the two walked in the man behind the counter lit up.