:6:

The party had died down by now, the only people left were the ones that didn't need to leave. This included all the avengers plus a few choice guests, like Nina, Maria and Helen. The group sat on the couches, {Y/n} and Steve sitting side by side. He had his arm along the back of the couch but behind her head, her hair occasionally tickling his skin. {Y/n} watched Helen try to explain what she does to Nina, seeing the information go into one ear then out the other though Nina made it seem like she understood.

"Look." Steve said then tapped {Y/n}'s shoulder. She turned her head and he gestured to Natasha and Bruce, where they both were at the bar. Natasha was behind the counter, making a drink while talking to Bruce. It seemed more like flirting, a lot of flirting. {Y/n} smiled slightly, they seemed like they both needed a win.

"Are they like this often?" She asked.

"Oh all the time." Steve nodded.

Eventually Natasha left once her conversation with Bruce was finished, joining the rest of the group with her drink. "I'll be back." Steve said then got up, going over to the bar to talk to Bruce. When he left, {Y/n} couldn't help but miss the warmth he put off. The empty spot was then replaced with Nina.

"Helen does all sorts of cool stuff, I think." She said then took a sip of her own drink.

"Yeah, Clint said she healed his gun shot wound a few days ago. She basically created new flesh." {Y/n} said.

"Why do you get a cool job?" Nina would whine.

{Y/n} let out a tiny laugh then turned her gaze back to where Steve and Bruce were for a heartbeat. She shook her head slightly then looked back at Nina. "I'm just lucky I guess?" She asked, though it wasn't a question.

"Very lucky, cause you also get that." She said then pointed to Steve briefly. {Y/n} blushed then shook her head. She'd take Nina's drink away then drink it herself, making Nina expression turn into a look of obviously fake heartbreak. {Y/n} choked slightly, the drink was rather strong but she needed to forget what she just heard.

"Alert, alert!" Nina whispered then moved back to where she sat before, seeing Steve and Bruce come over.

{Y/n} put the now empty glass down before Steve took his spot again, back in the same position he was before. She would shake her head, feeling the alcohol turn her face hot. A heavy sigh left her lips and she leaned back, her head against his arm that lined the top of the couch. Before Steve could ask if she was feeling alright, Clint spoke up.

"But, it's a trick!" He yelled, waving a hand to the direction of Thor's hammer.

"Oh, no. It's much more then that." Thor said.

"Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man! It's a trick." Clint argued.

"Well please, be my guest."

At that, Tony joined the argument.

"Come on."

"Really?" Clint asked, looking at Thor.

"Yeah!" Thor reassured.

Barton then got up and rolled up his sleeves.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful." James, A.K.A war machine, muttered. This had caught the attention of all the group now, it was rather amusing.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony joked. The rest of the group laughed, seeing Barton get a little frustrated.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint said then hand hand wrapped around the handle of the hammer. Thor held a quiet smirk, watching this challenger. Clint wound try to pull the hammer up, only for it not to budge. Thinking it was heavier then he thought he tried again, putting a lot more effort. If he had tried any harder his face would start turning red, so ultimately he gave up. "I still don't know how you do it." He said then sat down again, Tony being the first to speak again.