:5:

After what felt like an hour of searching, she found Tony and Bruce. They had just joined the party fashionably late it seemed. From what she saw, Bruce looked anxious about something, while Tony looked like he normally did. {Y/n} approached the two, running her hands over her dress after she walked up a few steps to get to them. They both stared for a second at her since she had looked so different. Of course since Tony liked to joke around he made fun of this.

"Sorry do I know you?" He asked, a small smirk on his face. Before {Y/n} could tell him off at all he spoke again. "Cause I'd really like to know you." He said.

"Very funny." She sighed, just wanting to learn what work they got done.

"You look good {Y/n}." Bruce said politely making her give a small thanks in return.

With Tony's joking finished, she finally got to asked what she wanted to ask. "So, did you discover anything?" Her voice was laced with excitement, but she hid it well. This was her first job here and she wanted to be involved, that and hopefully get to show off her skills as a pilot. Bruce's scowl at the mention of their research made her frown, turning her gaze back to Tony. "What did you do?" She asked, seeing he still hadn't answered.

"We might of-." Tony started.

"You might of." Brunch would interject, wanting no blame regarding this.

Tony let out a deep breath then started over. "Okay, I might of attempted to implant a program we found on the sceptre with the Iron Legion." He said. Saying it out loud he felt a little like an idiot. Deep in his mind he knew he should be watching it, looking for anything that could go wrong but he was here. That and Tony was sure Jarvis would handle it if anything was wrong. This was all to protect his home and in hopes to make the world just a little bit safer. Tony knew he would need to cut some corners here and there, having to reassure himself on this one.

"What!? Are you stupid!?" She whispered, though still managed to yell slightly.

"That's what I think too." Bruce said.

"You want to just give this program access to all your hardware? What if it's unstable?" She'd press, making sure Tony knew all the problems with this. Bruce would agree with {Y/n}, he hadn't seen it as a good idea either.

"How was your date with ice cube?" Tony asked, wanting to get some pressure off of him.

"Ice cube?" She blinked then realized what, or who he was referring to. "Oh Steve? It wasn't a date he just made me something to eat." She explained. {Y/n} couldn't help but think about it, Steve had done such a small thing for her yet it meant a lot. No one had ever cooked for her unless you count her time with the military, but no one had cooked just for her in a long time. He went out of his way and tried to do something nice for her, she would be lying if it didn't make her feel a little flustered.

"Huh, well enjoy the party." Tony said.

Before either {Y/n} or Bruce could say anything, Tony was gone. That left the two there alone now, both a little frustrated with the billionaire. "I need a drink..." {Y/n} sighed then left to the bar, Bruce going off to do his own thing.

(P.S. Sorry if you don't drink.)

When she reached the bar she leaned against the counter then ordered a drink. It was rather populated over here so it made her slightly uncomfortable. It's not that she didn't like people, she just didn't like a chance this big to embarrass herself. When she got her drink she felt relieved, finally able to leave that side of the room.

Quietly she made her way through the party, mindlessly drifting throughout the room. If someone had looked at her from a far, she looked lost. She looked like a child in a room of expensive individuals that payed no mind to her. So she wandered and sipped her drink occasionally, not wanting to really start conversation with any of them. She would take this opportunity to look around the tower, admiring every small detail Tony put into it. Suddenly she stopped, hearing a bit of laughter that caught her attention.