Chapter 3

My alarm woke me up.

"Ugh," I said out loud. It's only the second day and I'm already dreading going to school. The only thing I'm actually looking forward to is the car ride there with David.

I opened my blinds to let at least some light through so I don't end up falling back asleep. I then went into the bathroom to wash my face. After that, i walked back into my room and threw my pajama top off, revealing a lacy hot pink bralette.

I was just about to pull it off and put on a real bra when I noticed David was looking out his window.. right into my room. He gave me a smirk before walking away. I felt my face turning bright red. Why was he always looking through his window, I thought. It's going to be so awkward when I got into his car in a little while.

I quickly finished getting ready and went outside to see that David was already waiting in my driveway.

"You know," I said, "you could've just texted me, I would've gotten ready quicker"

"Nah, it's fine."

I took a whiff and a minty aroma filled my nose. I didn't see any car fresheners though.

"Would you want to come to my game this week?" he asked, interrupting my observation of the inside of his car.

"Oh sure, you play?" I asked in a surprised tone. I didn't see David as a football player, but now that I knew he is, he just became 10 times hotter. I wonder if he has abs from all the training that he has to do.

"Yeah, and it'd be cool if you came and saw," he gave me a quick wink.

"Yeah of course, this Friday night?"

"Yup, bring one of your new friends or something, it'll be fun."

"Yeah, will do." I could almost imagine David in a football uniform. His tight pants that would show off the outline of his butt. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

The song "California Dreamin'" played through his speakers until we arrived at school.

After he parked, we just went our separate ways.

I sat next to Jane in my first period again.

There was an empty seat to the right of me that was taken a few minutes later by a girl with short, dark brown hair.

"Alright class, let's begin, today you will be working in groups of three and I will be handing out your assignment," announced Mrs. Kindley.

"Hey I'm Agnes, I just moved here," said the girl sitting next to me.

"Oh cool, I'm Alina and I'm also new and this is Jane."

Our conversation was interrupted by our teacher handing us a blank map of the 13 colonies.

"Your assignment today is for you to work in groups to color in the map."

I glanced over at my group mates. Is she being serious right now? We're in high school, this assignment is a joke.

We all talked as we colored.

Jane stopped coloring for a minute and looked over at me, "so Alina, if you don't already have one, you should join my homecoming group! I'm going with my boyfriend and a few other friends that I've known since middle school and you can bring another friend or a date along too."

I smiled, "Yeah I'd love to." The thought of having a date to homecoming hasn't even occurred to me. The only person I could think of bringing as my date is David but I'm not sure if he even likes me like that. He probably only thinks of me like a sister or something.