Chapter 8

Homecoming week dragged on, especially since neither I nor David participated in spirit week. I was just never into it, it's silly to me.

David played "Time of the Season" on our way to school Friday morning.

I sang along, "What's your name? Who's your daddy?" I winked at David, "is he rich like me?"

He laughed, "you are so silly." Then he tickled my side.

"Ahh!" I screamed.

"Wow, you're really ticklish."

"Yeah yeah yeah," I tried tickling him back but he didn't even flinch!

"Nice try Alina, but I'm not ticklish."

I crossed my arms, "no fair."

He gave me a kiss, "have a good day at school, I'll see you later."

"See you!"

During my first class, I told Jane all about David and we discussed our plans for tomorrow.

"Do you want to get our nails together before the game today?" she asked.

"Yeah let's do it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you going to the game tonight?" asked Drake.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Do you want to go somewhere secluded to smoke?"

"No thanks."

"Suit yourself," he shrugged.

The day flew by and before I knew it, it was lunchtime.

"Are you guys all going to the game and dance?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're all going as a group, would you want to join?" asked Priya.

"Oh that's okay, I have a group already. I'm also going with my boyfriend, David Jewel."

"His last name is Juul? Like this?" asked Miranda as she pulled out what looked like a flash drive.

"Is that a flash drive?" I asked.

Vicki laughed so hard she snorted, "no dummy, it's a juul."

She snatched it from Miranda and she blew a smoke cloud. The smoke cloud reminded me of how David's car smelled. It had a fresh, minty scent.

Just then, someone went over the loud speaker in the cafeteria.

"Who is smoking in the cafeteria? There will be serious consequences when we find out who you are."

"Vicki!" we all whispered.

"Shut up, don't blow my cover guys, I'm not trying to get suspended right before homecoming."

After school, I met David after school by the front entrance except this time, I wasn't alone. I was with Jane.

"Hey babe, do you mind driving Jane and me to get our nails done after school?"

"I mean, I guess," he said, "I do need to be here early for the game though."

"That's fine, we can go right now," I said.

"Alright let's go," he said.

He dropped us off in front of the nail salon.

"I'll be back to pick you guys up in like an hour, so please be done by then," he said.

"Maybe," i gave him a wink.

At the salon, I decided to go with mint green nails with a top layer of gold glitter.