Chapter 11

"David, it's okay, just tell me what happened," I said, "you can trust me."

"After work, a few of my coworkers and I got into my car and we hot boxed it.. then I started driving and a cop pulled me over, now we're all at the police station. My mom is on her way to come pick me up, I'm going to be in so much trouble. They gave me a really expensive ticket."

"Oh my.. I can't believe you would do something like that," I said with disbelief.

"I know, I'm sorry, but that's just the truth. You're a good girl and I'm a bad guy."

I didn't know what to say.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" he said and he hung up.

I couldn't fall back asleep, this whole situation worried me so much. I finally got a text from him an hour later.

David: mom took my car away and told me I have to pay for the ticket with my own money, she told me to go live with one of my "pot head" friends.. can I come over right now?

Alina: um sure, I'll let you in through the back door

I went downstairs and waited for him to show up. When he did, I snuck him back upstairs into my room and shut the door.

"I'm really disappointed in you right now," I said.

"I know, I'm sorry Alina."

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"My mom kicked me out so I took some clothes and stuff," he said.

"Okay you can stay here... but my parents cannot find out or they will kill both of us."

"Got it."

"You can keep your stuff in my extra room, if you want something to drink I have some water in my fridge, and my bathroom is in here so everything you need is all right here and you won't even have to risk my parents finding you."

"Will they ever come in here?"

"No, they usually don't."

He sat down next to me on my bed after he put his stuff away.

"I'm really sorry," he said, "I'm a piece of shit."

I rested my head on his shoulder, "no you're not, you just made a stupid mistake. I'm here for you, but right now I'm really tired and I'm just so out of it so can we go to sleep?"

"Alright, do I need to sleep on the couch, or...?"

I laughed, "no silly, sleep with me in my bed, I want you to be comfy."

I lied down facing him and turned off the light.

"Goodnight," I said and gave him a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to David sleeping beside me.

"Oh, I have to get ready for church!"

I started getting dressed and doing my hair and makeup.

David woke up, "good morning."

"I'm about to go to church so you'll need to hang out in my other room just in case."

"Okay Cool," he said, "I'm going to watch some tv."

I came downstairs, paranoid that my parents knew David was staying with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope my parents can't hear me up here," he said when I got home from church.