Chapter 5

I got into David's car on Monday morning. He was listening to "I Want You". Was this a sign? Nah, it can't be.

"So I was thinking," he said, "would you want to go see a movie this weekend?"

"Sure, I'd love to," I said with a smile.

"I also wanted to ask," he paused for a second, "will you go to homecoming with me?"

I couldn't believe it, did he really just ask me to homecoming?

"Oh gosh yes I'd love to!"

He let out a sigh of relief, "wow I'm so glad, I've been working up the courage to ask you since Monday night."

"That's when we first met," I said.

"I know, I didn't even want to go to homecoming until I met you."

I just smiled. It seemed more and more like he liked me, but then again, people go to homecoming as friends all the time so maybe he only saw me as a friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright class, you will be partners with the person sitting next to you and your assignment is to make a PowerPoint together on a topic that has something to do with the internet." said Mr. Berry, the health teacher.

I turned to look at Drake, looks like he was my partner. I still wasn't sure how I felt about him. He was nice but I had a weird feeling about him.

Drake got up and came back with a laptop. I looked at the assignment sheet.

"You two can go work out in the hall since it's pretty cramped over here," he said.

I gulped, "Okay sure."

I went to the hallway with Drake and another group followed but they sat across the hall.

"So I was thinking maybe we can do our project on sexting," he said.

"Is that even on the list?" I asked as I looked at the paper. Sure enough, sexting was an available topic and my group was the one to claim it.

We started looking up sources to use for our presentation. We read an article about revenge porn.

"See that's so sleazy," he said, "if a girl sent me nudes, I would NEVER leak them. I wouldn't even screenshot them."

I just ignored him, I didn't want to even talk about things like that. It made me feel uncomfortable.

I started putting slides together on the PowerPoint since I wanted to get this done as soon as possible.

"You're so cute," he blurted out.

I felt my face turn beet red.

"Oh, thank you," I said shyly, "well it looks like we finished, let's go show Mr. Berry."

I handed him a flash drive with it and he plugged it into his computer to take a look.

"Wow I'm impressed in you two," he said, "you know what, I'm going to have both of you working together on partner assignments all semester."

I nodded, not sure of how I felt about that yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how was your day?" asked David.

"It was okay," I replied, "how was yours?"

"Yeah same," he said, "I need to tell you something."

"Oh? What is it?" I asked.

He pulled into his driveway and then he looked at me.

"Alina, I know we don't really know each other but when I first saw you, I fell for you and I really like you," he confessed.

I felt my jaw drop. His smile slowly started to fade away.

"You don't feel the same way, don't you?" he asked sadly.

"No, I'm just shocked because I really like you too."

He smiled really big and then he pulled me in for a hug.

"I'll talk to you later!" I yelled as I was walking into my house.

"I'll text you!" he yelled back.

When I got home, I had a snack and then I got started on my homework. My phone vibrated, I looked down and saw that David texted me.

David: hey what's up :)

Alina: hey just working on homework, you?

David: me too :) I really wanted to kiss you today...

Alina: you should've ;)

David: have you even had your first kiss?

Alina: yeah.. haha :)

David: I'm shocked actually, you seem so young and innocent

Alina: I'm 15, I'm not that young :P

David: you're younger than me, I'm 17 :P

Alina: wow I'm talking to an older guy :P

David: yeah ;) so what's the farthest you've ever gone with a guy?

Alina: Um, I don't really want to talk about it.

That question made me really uncomfortable since it gave me flashbacks to my past.

David: oh.

Alina: what?

David: nothing, it's just that I thought you could tell me anything.

Alina: sorry, I just don't want to talk about it.

David: whatever, I guess you just don't like me as much as you say you do

Alina: um, I do like you, I just don't feel like talking about it

David: whatever, I'll see you tomorrow.

My heart sank. What did I do wrong? Should I have just told him?