Chapter 3 - Code Spider

Clint climbs down from the tree and walks over to where Tony is. "Couldn't catch him but I put a tracker on him and he's injured, so we better find where he is at before he finds the tracker." Tony nods and turns to Bucky. "You said you recognized the kid...." Clint looks over confused, "kid?" Tony ignores Clint's question and continues talking to Bucky. "Do you know anything about him?" Tony tries to ask Bucky quickly. Bucky looks at Tony and thinks for a moment. "I think his name is Peter, I don't know the last name. He should be around the age of 16 and Fury was right when he said he's dangerous.... but I feel like he's a good kid."

Tony turns back to Clint. "Friday, where is the Huntsman based off of the tracker Hawkeye put on him?" Friday starts search then quickly replies back. "Heading across interstate 97 towards a construction site, sir." Tony nods, "thank you Friday."

"Alright you heard Friday, let's go." Tony flies off, the rest follow.

They arrive at the construction site waiting for the Huntsman to arrive. He shows up just in time, he stops in his tracks and looks at them. "Listen, kid, we are not trying to hurt you so do us a favor and surrender," Tony announces. The Huntsman looks over at Bucky.

He's the one that called me another name.... why? Who is he? Why do I feel I know him?

Bucky steps closer, making everyone else question what he is doing. "Peter, hey buddy don't you remember me." He slowly keeps inching closer. Pe... The Huntsman shakes his head. I know that name, why? Who is he? Bucky! He looks back up at Bucky. Enough, I must finish my mission. He charges at Bucky but multiple arrows are shot at him, he tries to dodge them all but being already injured stopped him from dodging the last one. The last arrow was no ordinary arrow, it had a knock-out drug on it making The Huntsman fall asleep.

Tony coms in Natasha, "we got him, come pick us up." Natasha replies back, "on my way."

Bucky walks over and pulls Peter's mask off, he crouches down next to him. "Woah! It's just a kid." Clint says as he looks at Peter. "Yes Clint, we already knew that," Tony replies back. "I knew him from when I was with HYDRA...." Bucky doesn't look away from Peter. Steve looks at Bucky. "Did they do the same thing to him as they did to you?" Bucky looks up at Steve, "They did worse since he is a mutant."

Natasha lands the jet and lowers the tailgate. "Let's go before the drug leaves his system." They head into the jet. Tony picks up Peter and takes him inside. Bucky has Peter's mask.

.....

Peter starts to wake up but he's in a bit of a haze. He feels the sheets under him. That's so comfortable..... wait comfortable? I've never been comfortable with HYDRA. Peter sits up quickly only making his head pound. He puts a hand on his head and looks around. He's in a glass box... well actually it's shaped like a circle. There is no door and no visible way to escape. Peter sits at the edge of the bed he was laying on. The room is a decent size, all that's in it is a bed and a table with a chair.

The Avengers are in the lounge room trying to come to an agreement on what they should do with him. "We have to somehow get information out of him but he's a kid, I'm not going to hurt a kid," Tony says looking at everyone else. "No one's going to hurt him, maybe just talking to him. Who knows he just might give us the information." Clint replies as he lays back on the couch. "He's not going to just give us information, he's HYDRA's remember," Bucky noted as he paces the floor trying to think of what to do. "Bucky why don't you go talk to him? He did.... kinda responded when you called him Peter." Steve looks at him. "I don't...." Friday interrupts Bucky. "Sorry to interrupt but it appears that the Huntsman is awake, sir." Everyone looks at each other. Now is the time to decide what to do with Peter and they all can't agree. "Thank you, Friday." Tony looks at Bucky, "go talk to the kid. You don't have to be in the room with him." Bucky sighs and nods, "Fine." He leaves the room and heads down the elevator to where Peter is held. "Friday pull up the cage surveillance on the tv," Tony says as he turns to the TV along with everyone else.

Peter walks over to the glass and inspects it. The elevator doors open and then Bucky walks out. Peter backs away from the glass and stares at Bucky.

"Hey Peter, do you remember me?" Bucky walks to the glass. Peter looks around him. "Are you talking to me? My name isn't Peter, it's Huntsman." Bucky grabs a chair and sits next to the glass. "No, your name is Peter..... Peter Parker." Peter sits down and thinks about it. "No...." Memories start to flow in, memories of when he was younger and when Bucky was around. All the memories are mixed up, they don't make any sense to Peter. Peter looks at Bucky. "I.. I know you." Bucky smiles, "yeah you do, remember we use to train together."
Peter slowly nods. "I think so..." Peter starts to question who he is, all this new information is giving him a headache and he doesn't know what to do with it.

"Where am I?" Peter looks at Bucky. "You at the Avengers tower," Bucky answers back. "I have some questions I need you to answer, do you think you can do that?" Peter tilts his head at Bucky and just now realizing he doesn't have his mask. "Only if I get my mask back." Bucky nods, " I'll go get it for you." He leaves the room and Peter continues to look around at his surroundings.

Bucky comes back with Peter's mask and places it in a slot that appears for him. Peter walks over cautiously close to Bucky and grabs his mask, then quickly scurries away from him. He puts his mask on and lets out a sigh from feeling more comfortable. "Alright, can I ask you some questions now?" Bucky sits back down in the chair. Peter decides to sit down in the chair that is in the glass room. "Yes..."
"How old are you?"

"15 years old," Peter replies back immediately. He is used to having to reply back to questions and commands from HYDRA right away, or there will be consequences. Bucky nods, "Why did you kill the S.H.I.E.L.D agent?" Peter tilts his head trying to think of what person he is talking about. "That man.... he got in my way. Anyone in my way or sees me must be killed, it's an order." Peter says so calmly as if killing isn't an issue, just an everyday thing. Bucky was a little startled by how easy and quickly he answered that question but put it to the side. "How loyal to HYDRA are you?"

Peter looks away from Bucky. "They will come for me, I have no choice in that."

"If you had a choice would you go back?"

Peter looks back at Bucky, he's a bit confused by the question but Bucky can't tell because of his mask. "A choice? Like I get to decide without consequence?" Bucky nods his head "yes...." Poor kid, all he knows is fear..... I know that all too well.

Peter looks down in his lap and thinks for a moment. I get to choose... I don't know, all I know is HYDRA. Peter looks up at Bucky. "I...I'm not sure." Bucky nods once again, he gets up from his chair and turns away. "Get some rest kid." Bucky leaves the room and goes back to where the other avengers are.

...

"Tony, I don't think he's as dangerous as Fury said. He's just lost." Bucky tries to reason with Tony. "Well until we know for sure he's staying right where he is, I'm not risking the safety of anyone here." Everyone agreed with Tony. "How can I prove to you he's harmless?" Tony rolls his eyes, "I don't know, get in the cage with him." Tony says sarcastically.

"Ok, I will." Bucky leaves the room. Once Tony realizes what Bucky says he sits up quickly. "Wait what?!'