Chapter 5 - Overwhelmed

The next morning Peter and Bucky get up at about the same time. Peter looks down from his hammock at Bucky who is putting his boots on. "Where are you going?" Bucky looks up at Peter. "Morning... I'm going out for a run with Steve... Captain America." Peter nods and jumps down from his hammock. "Can I come?" Bucky stands up and heads to the door. "It's probably best if you stay inside for a bit... but don't worry you won't be alone and I'll make you breakfast before you go?" Peter follows Bucky out of the room and they head to the kitchen.

It is the fourth day, feeding day... I'm really hungry. I wonder how much he'll give me for the day. Peter sits down on the barstool and watches Bucky as he makes pancakes. "What are those?" Peter asks confused. Bucky looks at Peter. "These? They are called pancakes." Peter looks at the pancakes. "Oh.."

Peter looks over at the door because he can hear someone coming. Steve enters the room and looks at Bucky then at Peter. "You almost ready, Buck." Bucky looks over at Steve. "Morning to you too. Yeah, I'm almost ready just making Peter breakfast." He finishes up the pancakes and hands Peter a plate full. Peter starts to eat them without the syrup. "Wait, wait, wait." Peter stops eating and looks over-worried. What did I do wrong? Bucky walks over with the syrup. Peter gets scared at first thinking he's going to get punished but soon realizes that Bucky is only adding something to the pancakes. "Now try it." Bucky smiles. Peter hesitates at first then takes a bite. Wow, these are so good! I would never get these with H.Y.D.R.A. Bucky and Steve head to the door. "We are leaving now, Natasha is in the living room just so you know. Everyone else is still sleeping." Peter nods and continues to eat while Bucky and Steve leave.

Peter finishes his pancakes and decided to walk around. Even though he has no idea how to get to the living room he finds his way there. Natasha is on the couch with a cup of coffee watching the news. Peter walks into the room quietly. "Morning Peter," Natasha says from the couch. "How could you hear me?" Peter walks a little closer but keeps his distance. "Your only one here with small feet, I can hear the way you walk." She turns around and looks at Peter. He is still in his Huntsman suit. "Peter, do you have any other close." Peter looks at himself. "I have one outfit, but it is with H.Y.D.R.A. I'll have it when I go back." Natasha looks at him concerned for a second but then softens her expression. "How about we get you something more comfortable to wear, huh?" Peter tilts his head slightly and looks at her. "Something more comfortable?" She nods and gets off of the couch. She walks over to Peter then starts to talk to what seems like no one, "Friday, does Tony have any clothes somewhere other than his room. I'd rather not go in his room." Peter is confused about who she is talking to. Who is Friday? All of a sudden a voice that seems to come from nowhere speaks, "There are some spare clothes in the lab." Natasha smiles and thanks Friday. "Come on kid let's go get you some clothes." She walks towards the elevator and Peter follows.

He is a bit hesitant around her and watches her every move. They get down to the lab and Natasha finds the spare clothes. It's a pair of Hello Kitty pajama pants and a t-shirt that says 'I survived my trip to New York. "Now why does Tony have Hello Kitty pajama pants?.. whatever." She turns towards Peter and holds out the clothes. "Here you go." Peter looks at the clothes. "Those don't seem practical... I can't fight in those." He looks up at Natasha confused. Natasha looks at Peter with sadness for what H.Y.D.R.A has done to the poor baby. "Not everything you where you should worry about fighting in. You're not going to be fighting 24/7." Peter still looks confused at why he should be wearing that but goes with it because he's afraid of being punished for not doing it.

He grabs the clothes and Natasha turns around so he can change. He changes into the clothes and neatly folds up his suit. "Done..." Natasha turns around and looks at him. She smiles, "Now isn't that more comfortable?" Peter can't lie it is a lot more comfortable. "Yes, it is."

They both head back upstairs and go back to the living room. Natasha puts something else on rather than the news. An hour passes and the rest of the Avengers begin to wake up. Tony walks into the kitchen very groggy and in the need of his cup of coffee. He glances over and see's Peter and Natasha watching tv. I forgot the kid is out in the open now... He walks over and sits in the recliner. Peter looks over at Tony with curiosity. That's the iron man... I don't think he trusts me. I don't blame him I wouldn't trust me either. Tony notices Peter looking at him, "What is it, kid?" Peter looks away and doesn't say anything. Tony just brushes it off.

Bucky and Steve soon get back from their run and enter the living room. Bucky ruffles Peter's hair, which startles Peter a little. "Sorry, Pete didn't mean to scare you." Tony looks over at Bucky, "The kid doesn't talk much." Bucky looks back at Tony. "The kid has a name and maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you." Tony rolls his eyes and goes back to watching TV. Who doesn't want to talk to Iron Man?

The rest of the avengers gather around in the living room making Peter a bit tense. There is too much going on, too much for him to have to focus on. He is on high alert and watching everyone. Bucky notices his discomfort. "Peter, you ok?" Peter snaps his head towards Bucky, should I tell him or will he use my weakness against me? Bucky waits for Peter to answer but he doesn't. "Why don't we go somewhere a bit quieter, huh?" Bucky gets up from the couch and so does Peter. No one seems to notice as they leave the room. Bucky walks around the hallways with Peter. "How do you feel now?" Peter looks at Bucky. "Why do you ask that?" Bucky looks at him confused. "I want to see if your feeling better.." Peter looks ahead of him as he walks. "Why? There is no need to know if I'm feeling better, you gain nothing from knowing that." Bucky frown at seeing how hurt Peter is and how H.Y.D.R.A has most likely never asked how Peter has felt... He knows H.Y.D.R.A has NEVER asked how Peter had felt, they never asked Bucky that so why would they ask Peter. "I become happy knowing my friend is happy. I don't want you hurting in any way." Peter goes quiet trying to process what Bucky just said. This man confuses me. He shouldn't care for me yet he does. He cares as if he knows me but I'm so certain he doesn't. I've never felt cared for... it's a strange and foreign feeling. I'm not sure I like it.

They end up walking back to the living room. It's not as loud and energetic as it was before. Peter sits back down and Bucky goes to the kitchen. A lightning cloud portal shows up in the middle of the room spooking Peter. He jumps from his seat and stands ready to fight. No one else seems startled or even acknowledging the portal. Thor the God of Thunder walks through the portal. Peter not knowing who he is decides to attack... That got everyone to acknowledge that Thor walked into the room.

It took about an hour to separate the two from fighting. Tony ended up putting Peter back in the glass cage just until he calmed down and let's just say the living room doesn't look like much of a living room now.

"Now who, in my father's name, was that?!" Thor collects himself after the fight. "Is there another invasion happening?" Clint lays back on what's left of the couch and sighs. "No, it's a kid Bucky adopted."

Thor looks over at Bucky, "so this thing is your offspring?" Bucky glares atClint. "No, he's not. We rescued him from a bad organization and he's just now getting used to things. He didn't know you and thought you were a threat." Thor puts his hammer down and sits down. "Well.... he does put up a good fight for such a small being."

Tony comes up to the living room after putting Peter in the glass room. "He's freaking out, Bucky you should probably go see him..." He looks at his living room and sighs. "So who is going to help me clean this up?" Everyone leaves the room as fast as they can. Clint ends up being left behind because he didn't hear Tony. "Thanks, bird boy." Clint looks at him confused then looks at the room. "Ugh.."