Chapter 12 - Sweet Dreams

TRIGGER WARNING: Suicide attempt

It's been a couple of days since the device was put into Peter's neck. He has kept quiet and stopped socializing with the Avengers. He hasn't seemed to want to do anything in a while it made Tony, Bucky, and Steve worry. Peter even asked for a separate room from Bucky, which really made Bucky concerned since just a few days ago Peter couldn't bear to be anywhere Bucky wasn't. All he ever did now was stay in his room. Every now and then the Avengers would hear Peter scream in pain but when they would rush in or ask about it Peter would say he was ok or would just plain out, kick them out of the room. Which definitely wasn't like Peter at all. 

Peter was sitting in a recliner close to the glass windows in the living room. Tony and Steve were in the kitchen looking over at Peter with worry. "What do you think is wrong?" Steve looks at Tony as he sips his coffee. "I don't know but it can't be good, he won't even talk to Bucky." Tony keeps watching Peter. Peter looked almost dead, with no expression on his face, his breathing was so shallow it almost looked like he wasn't breathing. All he did was stare out the window, curled up in the recliner. Tony slowly walks over and taps on Peter's shoulder, "Peter?" Peter slightly jumped as he came out of his thoughts and looked over at Tony. "Yes..." He said very quietly. Tony sat down next to the recliner still looking at Peter. "What's wrong?" Peter looked back out the window. "nothing..." Tony sighed and moved over so that Peter was looking at him. "You know you can talk to me, right?" Peter furrowed his eyebrows and looked away again. He put his hand on the back of his neck. "I'm F....." All of a sudden Peter started screaming bloody murder. His hands were clawing at his neck and he was curled over. "What the hell!?" Tony starts to freak out. "Steve get Banner!" Steve ran off to go get Bruce as Tony held peter in his arms. Tears were falling from Peter's eyes as the pain intensified. Tony had to hold Peter's hands to stop him from clawing at his own neck. "Peter what's wrong!? Come on, kid you got to talk to me." A sound that almost sounded like a growl came out of Peter. "SHUT UP!!" Peter yelled at Tony. Tony looked at him with shock. The anger that was wrapped up in that yell scared Tony but what scared him the most was the obvious fear that laid in Peter's eyes. By the time Bruce made it upstairs to see Peter, he was basically back to normal... Or at least what was normal for the past few days. 

Peter got up from the floor and started to walk away. "I'm tired." Bruce looked at him. "Wait let me give you a body scan to make sure you're ok." Peter walked into his room, "No." he shut the door behind him. "Tony you need to talk to him that's not normal." Tony sighed and got up from the ground. "I know but he just won't talk. I don't know what to do... Maybe Barnes should talk to him." Bruce nodded his head agreeing with Tony. Steve has way ahead of them and had already got Bucky to go see Peter. He knocked on Peter's door. "Hey, buddy?" Peter didn't answer the door but Bucky could hear that he was talking to someone. "Peter?" He opened the door and Peter was in the room by himself but something was off. The bedroom window was open and Peter seemed a bit... almost scared but like he was trying to mask that fear with a casual face. "What is it, Bucky?" Peter looked at him. "Oh uh, who were you talking to?" Peter shook his head and sat on his bed. "No one, just myself." Bucky nod his head then sat next to Peter. "Oh ok. So what's going on buddy? Clint misses his Mario cart buddy." Peter let out a small chuckle. "I can't," Peter said so quietly that Bucky almost missed it. "What do you mean you can't?" Bucky looked at him with concern. Peter looks at him with tears in his eyes. "I...I can't  escape them." Bucky looks at him and pulls him into a hug. "It's going to get better. It takes time, eventually, they will go away." Peter holds onto Bucky tightly. "No, they won't" Peter whispered to himself. They may never leave me alone unless I end it myself... But I can't do that to Tony, and Bucky, or Steve, or anyone, they are my family. If I don't though it will be my fault they die. I can't live knowing I'm the reason they died.  Peter let go of Bucky and backed away from him. He wiped the tears away and looked away. "I'm kinda tired." Bucky nods his head and got up to leave. "Ok you rest up... Just remember Peter your not alone. Everyone in this tower is here for you." Bucky left the room and shut the door behind him. 

Peter got up and went over to his dresser. I need to end this, for me and the safety of everyone else. He goes through his drawer and pulls out the pill bottle that Banner gave him to help him sleep. He poured the contents of the bottle into his hand. He stared at his hand full of pills for a while. It's the right thing... It's better for everyone. He popped all the pills into his mouth and swallowed. Peter walked over to his bed and laid down waiting for the effects to happen. 

As soon as Peter took the pills Friday informed Tony of what Peter did. "Sir, Peter has taken a large number of sleeping pills. His heart rate is starting to slow down." Tony jumped up from where he was sitting and quickly ran to Peter's room. "Friday tell banner to prepare the Med bay for Peter!" He ran into Peter's room and see's him on his bed. He has foam on the side of his mouth and looks basically dead. Tony runs over and grabs Peter. He sits Peter up and sticks his fingers down his throat to make Peter throw up. Once Peter throws up Tony picks him up and runs to the med bay. "Tony, what happened?" Banner looks at Tony as he sets Peter down on the hospital bed. "He tried to kill himself by overdosing, please save him!" Banner starts to work very quickly on saving Peter. Tony bites his nails trying his best to stay calm for Peter. "Come on Peter you need to make it... we need you, I need you alive."

.................................

Heyo I'm back! I think I have figured out what I want to do now for this story. Luv ya!