Chapter 8 - New Suit

The next morning Peter woke up later than usual. Bucky thought there was something wrong, but brushed it off as him just being tired. Peter walked out of his room and into the kitchen. Once again Tony is in the kitchen making coffee but since Peter woke up later, Nat and Clint were awake too... Well, sorta awake.

Peter walked into the living room and sat next to Nat as they watch TV. Tony soon followed over with his coffee and sat in the recliner.

I want to go out... will he let me out? Peter looked at Tony as his mind raced whether or not he should ask him. Tony noticed the staring and looked back at Peter. "Hey, kid you alright?" Peter snaps out of his thoughts and nods at Tony. "When will I be allowed to leave the tower?" Peter says out of the blew. "Uh..." Everyone in the living room looks over at Peter then at each other. "I don't think you ready yet..." Tony looks at Peter. Peter sighs and puts his head down. "When will I be ready?"
"When you not so... um jumpy." Clint jumps into the conversation. Peter's eyebrows furrow and his face scrunched up. "It's not fair!" He turns and looks at Tony. "I don't want to be stuck in this stupid tower all day long doing nothing. It...it's like a bigger cage, a bigger cell is all it is!" He stands up angrily. "Peter you need to calm down we just want what's best for you." Peter glares at Natasha. "No, you don't. You want to keep me locked up like everyone else!!" Peter leaves and goes to his room. He slams the door behind him. Tony gets up to go calm him down but Steve stops him. "Let him cool off first."

They all sigh and slump down on the couch. It's quiet for a while no one knows what to do. Peter is a teenager and a scarred child because of H.Y.D.R.A, his emotions are all over the place and he's just now being allowed to show them. It's hard for everyone right now.

After about an hour Tony gets up from the floor and goes to Peter's room. When he gets to the room he opens the door and sees that the window is open. He starts to panic and looks around the room for Peter but then calms down when he sees him in his hammock looking out the window. "Peter..." He says in a soft voice that Peter would probably be the only one to hear. Peter sits up quickly and looks over at Tony. The panic starts to rise on his face and he accidentally stumbles out of the hammock landing on his back. Pain shows on his face but since he's more worried about Tony he quickly gets up and scoots back to the wall. "Peter calms down it's..." Peter interrupts Tony, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I...I shouldn't have acted that way. I...I shouldn't have yelled at you all." He pulls his knees up to his chest and hugs them close. Tony looks at him worried. He doesn't move from his spot but gets down to Peter's level. "Peter it's ok... I'm not here to hurt you. I just wanted to see if you were ok from earlier." Peter looks up from teary eyes. "W...why? I would... should have been punished for the way I spoke to you all." Tony Shakes his head. "No, not here. H.Y.D.R.A may have hurt you..." Tony tries to hold back his anger for what H.Y.D.R.A has done to Peter. "You will never be hurt here. No one will purposely hurt you here, Peter." Peter looks at Tony for a split second. A tear falls down his cheek as he runs into Tony's arms. Tony gets surprised by the sudden hug but then wraps his arms around him. "I'm sorry." He mumbles into Tony's shirt. "Shh, it's ok kid." Tony runs circles into Peter's back as he cries.

Once Peter calms down Tony pulls away from him. "How is your back? You took a pretty nasty fall." Peter looks at Tony and rubs his back."I'm ok I think. It will only bruise." "Can I see where it hurts?" Peter nods, he's a bit hesitant but then turns around for Tony to look. Tony lifts up his shirt and looks at the large bruise forming. "I'm going to get you some ice for that." Peter looks at him confused, "What will ice do?" Tony looks at him confused that he doesn't know this. "It will help with the bruise. Peter nods his head and Tony leaves the room to get the ice. While Tony is gone Peter starts to think to himself. Maybe they are right. I'm not ready to go outside yet. I can hardly even handle being in this tower. Peter sighs. Not too much later Tony walks in with the ice pack. He puts it on Peter's back. He glances over at the open window then looks at Peter. "How about this I'll make you a deal." Peter perks up and looks at Tony. "You can go outside tonight but only on 2 conditions." Peter smiles. "Anything, what is it? What do I have to do?" Tony looks at his smile and smiles a little himself. "You have to wear the new suit I made you and you are not to interact with any civilian... at least not for tonight. Can you promise me you will do that?" Peter hugs him tight. "Oh yes yes yes. I won't talk to anyone I promise!" Peter pulls away and looks at him. "Wait... what did you say about a new suit?" Tony chuckles and to the door. "Come look." Peter gets up and heads out with Tony. He still has the ice pack to his back.

When they pass the living room Bucky sees the ice pack and gets angry. "Tony what did you do to Peter!?" Tony looks over quickly. "Calm down I didn't do anything." Bucky stalks over to Tony, "Then explain the ice pack." Peter steps in between them quickly. He looks down at the floor. "I...I fell. It's not Tony's fault." Peter stands still not looking at Bucky. Bucky calms down. "Oh, are you ok?" Peter nods his head. "See, now we are going to my lab." Tony walks away from Bucky and Peter follows. They go down to Tony's lab and he shows Peter the new suit. It's a red and blue suit with some gold trim. It's a lot more bright than his old suit which was just black. "I figured since almost everyone here has a bit of red and blue with them then you should match." Peter's eyes widen and smile big. "That's all mine?" He looks at Tony. Tony smiles and nods. "W..why? I didn't do anything to deserve a gift." Tiny shrugs his shoulders. "Take it as a welcoming gift. Welcome to the family." Peter is in shock and just looks at the suit. "Well don't just look at it, put it on." Peter quickly grabs the suit and puts it on. Wow, it fits so well. It's not itchy like my old suit too. "Hello, Peter," Karen says through the suit. Peter jumps, "Who is that!?" Tony chuckles. "Sorry I forgot to tell you. That is Karen. She can assist you in anything you need and call any of us if you need us." Peter looks at his hands in the suit. "Wow, that's cool." Tony nods. "Well wait until later tonight to go out. There will be fewer civilians out." Peter nods and takes his suit off. They head back up to the main floor.

Tonight is going to be so much fun!