Chapter 10 - Silence

Shortly after the meltdown Peter pulled himself from Bucky and climbed into the air ducts. He normally wouldn't do that but he wanted to make sure he was left alone. He wanted to try and clear his thoughts... on his own.

Steve comes back with some water and looks around. "Where did he go?" Tony looks up at the ceiling. "In the bird's nest." Steve looks up. "Oh... should we warn Clint?" Tony shakes his head. "Nah he'll be fine." A couple of seconds later the suit Tony gave Peter drops from the ceiling. Tony sighs and picks it up. The men decide to leave Peter alone and talk about what the man said to Peter.

They all meet up in the living room to discuss what happened. Natasha and Clint walk into the room. "There is no sign of this mystery man." Nat sits on the couch. "Yeah, it's like he just disappeared." Clint sighs. "So what now? Why does H.Y.D.R.A want you dead, Tony?" Tony shrugs his shoulders. "How should I know..." Tony turns to Bucky to see if maybe he knows anything. "I don't know why they want you dead but all I know is they threatened Peter so we need to keep an eye on him. Just because he seems like he doesn't want to hurt you, doesn't mean he won't. A mission is a mission. If a soldier comes back failed their better off dead." Bucky stares off into the distance almost lost in his thoughts. "Right, so keep an eye on Peter AND Tony." Steve looks at Tony. "What!? I don't need to be babysat. I'm Ironman I can take care of myself." Nat rolls her eyes. Him and his ego. "It doesn't matter that your Ironman, you're the target so it won't hurt to have us as a backup." Tony sighs and sits down. "Fine... so what are we going to do with Peter. He can't deal with this by himself but he doesn't seem to want help." Clint and Nat look at Tony confused. "What happened while we were gone?" Steve looks at Bucky and Tony then back at the other two. "He had a breakdown then climbed into the air ducts." Clint sits up fast. "He did what!? That's my place!" Tony glares at Clint. "That is not an important matter right now." Clint calms down but pouts.

They continue to talk about what they should do. What they didn't realize was that Peter was no longer in the air ducts, he had found his way to Bruce's lab. He had fallen out of the air ducts and landed next to Bruce. It startled him at first obviously but once he realized it was only Peter he let out a sigh and went back to work. Peter got up and looked around the room. He looked at Bruce and expected him to bombard him with questions, like was he ok, or what happened, but Bruce never did. "Hand me that beaker with the blue liquid in it, please," Bruce asks Peter without even turning around. "uh... yeah." Peter turns around and finds the beaker with the blue liquid in it. "You mean the Methylene?" Peter holds out the beaker towards Bruce. He stops what he is doing and turns towards Peter. "You know what this is? How?" Peter shrugs his shoulders. "H.Y.D.R.A taught me many things. I liked learning about chemicals... also it has a sweet odor." Bruce takes the beaker from Peter. "Oh.. well since you know so much would you like to help me?" Peter looks at him shocked. "Are you not afraid of me? Do you not know what happened?" Bruce turns back around. "Everyone knows what happened. I'm literally a giant green monster, very little has ever scared me... I can also see the good in you." Peter gives a little smile and sits next to Bruce. This will get my mind off of the mission. He begins to help Bruce. He even shows Bruce how his spider webs are made and explaining how simple it is to make them. "Hey, kid you should probably get some sleep it's really late." Peter looks away from Bruce. "I don't want to... I'll have nightmares." Bruce nods and starts to rummage through his desk. "I'll give you something to help but you can't take this every night." Bruce turns back around with a pill bottle. He looks Peter dead in the eyes. "I mean it, Peter, you can't take this every night and you can't take more than one." Peter nods his head. "I understand." Bruce nods and hands the pill bottle to Peter. "One right before bed every other day. If you take it every day you will become addicted... I'll take them from you if that happens." Peter nods. "I'll be ok... Thank you, Mr. Bruce." Peter leaves the lab and goes to his room. He takes one pill the hides the pill bottle so Bucky won't find it. He climbs into his hammock and sleeps soundly. No nightmare... no dreams at all. For once Peter had a good night's sleep. Just silence.

...................................................

This one was a short chapter but the next one is going to be really good just you wait. 🖤